Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a survey. I was wondering if there was a indoor place to shoot your bow that had popup targets and the works, how many people would be interested in it. What would you pay to go to a place like this to shoot you bow year a round. Is there anyplace in the state where you can do it now? I have thought about putting something like this in, in the NWA area. If there was one would you prefer a place in the city-like besides Sportsmans Warehouse or other business park or some where outside the city say Highfill.
Just wondering what peoples opinions are. Need imput if anyone has ideas.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,564 Posts
This is just a survey. I was wondering if there was a indoor place to shoot your bow that had popup targets and the works, how many people would be interested in it. What would you pay to go to a place like this to shoot you bow year a round. Is there anyplace in the state where you can do it now? I have thought about putting something like this in, in the NWA area. If there was one would you prefer a place in the city-like besides Sportsmans Warehouse or other business park or some where outside the city say Highfill.
Just wondering what peoples opinions are. Need imput if anyone has ideas.
Dang right I would......but NWA would be out of my gasoline range:razz::up:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
if you put something like that in a mall of some type the rent would kill you. be better finding a large pole barn on a tract of land out of town. or a closed down roller stating rink or see if you could rent it every other week end set up some 3D targets and a rotating target to start. that way you could see if it works out or not. sounds like a great idea for winter shooting or start a shooting league .

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Sounds like a good adventure to me. you could stay afloat with it ifn' your building was paid for. All you'd have is targets and utilities and probably insurance. Set up a concession of some sorts for drinks and snacks, make a little extra there. If it's what your really interested in I wish ya all the luck in the world. :up:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I had a 3D archery shooting range in Centerton AR back in the 94 before the big growth boom. I would love to rent you 5 acres real cheep. I Have a MX
(moto cross) park and opening a RC race track soon. Looking for some one to open a 3D shooting range or a paint ball park. You can see all my info at www.challengerparkmx.com - Call me. Check out my Statistics in the box to the left on the frunt page of the site.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,131 Posts
Sounds like a great idea if you can make it work. My wife and I drive to Harrison to shoot indoors. The Legendary Sportsman has the nicest indoor range I have shot at, but no pop up targets. So something closer I would definitely be interested. You might check into the DART system also. If your not familar with it, its a video screen that projects pictures of aniamls and archers can shoot the screen with rounded tips. It keeps score and so on. Use to be one at Wilderness Outback in Rogers if anyone remembers that shop.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have 5 acres in Farmington I thought about putting a 3d range on, I'm going to build a house out there later but I'm not doing anything with it right now, other thatn waging war on the doe herd this fall. My place just got annexed into the city limits so I don't know what kind of BS would be involved.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,564 Posts
if you put something like that in a mall of some type the rent would kill you. be better finding a large pole barn on a tract of land out of town. or a closed down roller stating rink or see if you could rent it every other week end set up some 3D targets and a rotating target to start. that way you could see if it works out or not. sounds like a great idea for winter shooting or start a shooting league .
Or an old bowling alley!:up:

·
Registered
Marlin .308 Bolt and Compound Bow ..
6,006 Posts
There use to be one in lowell .. right on the main corner of 71 and the lowell exit of I540 behind the EZ Mart,it was the projection type ... It been awhile since I have been there..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Man, I'd give anything just to have a good ole archery 3d shoot club here around Mena. Your idea sounds great but I bet the insurance rates on a thing like that would be out of this world. Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I know of a perfect building to do it in. I was noticing it on my way in from work even. I dont know the exact dimensions for sure, but its around 80 yards long and 20 yards wide. Used to be an old flea market. Not sure if its up for sale or rent. but i think its going that way pretty quickly. Its about 2 or 3 miles outside of garfield going toward gateway in nwa.

·
Member<br>2008 Deerhunting Contest Team Winner
340 Posts
Sounds like a great idea if you can make it work. My wife and I drive to Harrison to shoot indoors. The Legendary Sportsman has the nicest indoor range I have shot at, but no pop up targets. So something closer I would definitely be interested. You might check into the DART system also. If your not familar with it, its a video screen that projects pictures of aniamls and archers can shoot the screen with rounded tips. It keeps score and so on. Use to be one at Wilderness Outback in Rogers if anyone remembers that shop.
Thats where i go shoot about once a week. It is pretty nice, yet pretty basic. The biggest thing is the price. $3.50/hr single, $5.00/hr family. Of course i only live about 3 miles away, so gas isn't a factor. They do have some 3d targets in there now to use,but they are silly ones like hogs and wolverines or something like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.