IMOX

Discussion in 'Habitat Management' started by spur, Feb 13, 2020.

1. spur

spur Well-Known Member

nwar
    I have been reading about this herbicide and wanted to see if anybody here has experience with it. Im spraying some out of the way plots that produce good clover. weeds and grass have become a problem. I use my 4 wheeler with a boomless 25 gallon sprayer. Any help on mixes and additives would be appreciated.

2. Zeeriverrat

Zeeriverrat Well-Known Member

I just bought a gallon of Imox and a jug of nitro-surf to mix with it. From what I can find you need to use the nitro surf to get the best results. For clover I plan to put out 5oz of Imox/acre using my atv sprayer. I will just add the nitro surf according to the label.

I’m anxious to see how it works. I have been using clethodim for grass plus mowing, but my weeds are getting away from me.. I hope the Imox is the answer.

3. spur

spur Well-Known Member

nwar
    I’ve got the same situation. If you don’t mind where did you purchase the imox and how much was a gallon.

4. Zeeriverrat

What Swampcat said! That is where I got the nitro-surf too. They ship promptly too!

5. spur

spur Well-Known Member

nwar
    Well I gave the IMOX a try. I used a 25 gallon boomless sprayer on the atv. I used 6.5oz of IMOX and 2 pints of Nitrosurf per acre. At 2 weeks post spraying I was extremely disappointed in the results. I knew IMOX worked slow but dang. At 4 weeks Im very happy with the result despite the wet and cold. It is just a super slow acting herbicide.

SwampCat likes this.
  6. b8hickman

b8hickman Well-Known Member

Can't you spray clethodim on clover to kill the weeds and grasses?

7. white river b

white river b Well-Known Member

its just a graminicide and only takes out grass, imazimox is beyond in clear field rice and I think raptor in cl sunflower

8. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

East End
    Cleth kills grass but not broadleaf plants. You can spray something with 2,4-db (Butyrac) to get broadleaf. Imox will kill both with one spray.

9. Zeeriverrat

I used Imox for the first time this spring and my clover looks better than it ever has. I had a real sedge/nut grass problem, but now even that is under control.

we watched the fawns bedding in the clover this past week..the deer are loving that clover!

SwampCat likes this.