I'm sick of it

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by BDW, Dec 18, 2012.

1. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

I just turned the Sportsman Channel on, and some fishing show called HT Redfish was on....I've never heard as many "bleeps" on a show in my life. Some goober was fishing a tournament, and every other word out of his mouth was the F BOMB. It sounded like a Jerry Springer episode. Sadly, this has become the norm, and now it's spilled over into outdoor TV shows.

Godless immorality...The wave of the future.

:down: :hopeless: :down:

2. tyhunter23

tyhunter23 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. I was watching one on the outdoor channel the other day. One of the hunting shows cant think of the name off the top of my head. But it was getting bad felt like i was watching a reality show.

3. BDW

What's bad is, a lot of folks have become numb to it...Don't think a thing about it.

4. steve72444

steve72444 Well-Known Member

You have to understand a guy with a little money and a degree in broadcasting and a connection or two can produce one of these shows. Then the lowest denominator will be the one that gets the time slot. The days of Hank Parker, Bill Dance and such are sadly over.

5. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

That's the worse part brother. Our entire nation is becoming numb to all sorts of things like this, we are slipping farther and farther away. And people like us that these actions bother, are in the VAST minority nowadays. :sinking:

6. buckhorn

buckhorn Well-Known Member

Watch very little TV. It ain't fit to watch. We watch the Halmark channel and a few College ball games. Very little else.

7. BDW

You ain't missing much.

8. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The world is only going one way...

We need to stand firm for what is right and make sure to teach those values to our kids from very early in life.
    Hopefully it will stick with them.

9. bhsm

bhsm Well-Known Member

NLR
    The other night we were watching the stories about the shootings in Connecticut and a couple of commercials in during the break were advertising the latest (shoot em up and kill everybody) game. That stuff's ok though because it's "just a game". Bull S!!!

10. bgkv77

bgkv77 Well-Known Member

Romans 1:22-32 Sounds a little familiar

Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

11. gunslinger66

gunslinger66 Account Suspended

Bull what ? this is is a prime example right here, what made you want to put that in here.

12. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

O come on now you bunch of prudes everyone knows MEN can't control how they talk. We're all so weak and feeble minded that its just our nature to not be able to complete a sentence without cussing thru it.

13. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

What's wrong with cussing?

14. BDW

Just get tired of hearing it constantly. I'm old fashioned I guess.

15. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

It shows a lack of IQ when you get thru a whole sentence without resorting to slang. Ya feelin me dawg ?

16. buckhorn

buckhorn Well-Known Member

I am the same way. I won't stay around and listen to someone cuss. I work in a fab shop and take all of my breaks by myself. If
    they come in my office and can't talk without cussing, I ask them to go out and ocme back and leave there 4 letter words out there.
    Those that respect others wishes have no problem with it. I am not gonna go on your turf and ask you to not cuss but when your on mine,
    I appreciate it if you hold it down or at least keep it to a minimum.

17. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

I can't lie - I've got what most would consider a potty mouth. I just don't "believe" in cuss words I don't guess. In my opinion nothing but a bunch of words that society have deemed inappropriate. No difference between butt and ass to me. Someone some where just decided that ass should be the bad one.

18. BDW

Oh, I'm not gonna say I don't occasionally let one slip, but I never do it around my family or in mixed company. I'm trying to quit altogether. I just don't see how there's any place for it on an outdoor TV show. Plenty of other shows if someone wants to hear it.

19. I have a potty mouth when I get angry. Otherwise, Im a pretty good boy.

20. carbonmatrix13

carbonmatrix13 Well-Known Member

x2 you can sure spice up a conversation with em. Im a roughneck and sometimes you just have to use words that they understand. Im sick of all the whining now days. If you dont like whats on tv dont watch it we live in a great state and a great age where there is plenty of other activities. Complaining and whining bothers me worse than a few lil ol words