ill ditch the spinner if you help me with a jerk string

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by BandedWoodrow, Dec 27, 2010.

1. BandedWoodrow

BandedWoodrow Well-Known Member

so im fairly new to hunting and i keep seein on here everyone complainin about mojos. id love to ditch mine, but how do i set up a jerk string? i have a feeling this is a dumb question and fairly simple to do.

2. armyguy

armyguy Well-Known Member

if you have a fishing yo yo you are half way there.
    Tie a yo yo to a tree just about the water line. run a long string to your ambush point. tie decoys to the long string. jerk the end of the string that is at your location. the decoys will move towards you then "swim" back when you release the tension. just a lesson that i learned the hard way. tie the end of the string to something that wont fall in the water.

3. BandedWoodrow

BandedWoodrow Well-Known Member

i do not but i can acquire one.

4. Doug Fryer

Doug Fryer Well-Known Member

5. WackinNstackin

WackinNstackin Well-Known Member

6. CrappieMaster220

CrappieMaster220 Well-Known Member

I made one very similar to the rig em right setup... Just pieced together instead of buying it in a set from rig em right...

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Well-Known Member

That or a Jerk-A-Spreader...pretty similar

8. grassduck

grassduck Well-Known Member

Rig Em Right

Just got the rig em right jerk string and love it! Easy to use and carry around. Fits in you coat pocket!

9. mevans_91

mevans_91 Well-Known Member

Ward
    The Rig-em-Right is awesome..just picked one up a couple of weeks ago and they take no time to set up and is very easy..sure beats the old brick and bungee cord set up that I used years ago lol

10. Coldwater

Coldwater Well-Known Member

NEA
    Guide Doug Fryer knows:read:

11. cuppedup

cuppedup Well-Known Member

12. jcblough

jcblough Well-Known Member

13. barata50

barata50 Well-Known Member

WHITE
    ive never used one do you pull on it like you call wing tips and tail feathers or when they are over and flying toward ur spread Im a lil stupid.........help me out

14. grassduck

grassduck Well-Known Member

Pull on the swing so when they are headed at you the water is moving, but you aren't.

15. armallard

armallard Well-Known Member

NEA
    Nice tutorial Jc:up:

16. armyguy

armyguy Well-Known Member

I like the idea of those clips. I have used trotline clips on mine and it works pretty well too. if your line isnt thick enough though they slip.

17. Clear_Shot

Clear_Shot Well-Known Member

:up:
    One of the best threads I've read!

18. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

I commend you for wanting to rid yourself of the mojo. Get the rigem right set and be done with it