if your gonna hunt in brushy...

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by bp_lee24, Dec 31, 2010.

1. bp_lee24

bp_lee24 Well-Known Member

dont be mean muggin folks when they run thru your spread wide open... its too shallow to be stopping every 100 yards to ease thru someones maze of spinners, flappers, dive dippers, and 5 dozen decoys.... you eather have to run it or idle the whole north end.... GET OUT OF THE DITCHES AND FIND WATER LIKE THE REST OF US.

2. birdman24

birdman24 Well-Known Member

setting up on brushy..thats about as green as its gets right there boys

3. MollyWhop

MollyWhop Well-Known Member

Shower down on the gas. They'll learn the hard way..

4. man i wouldn't even be able to look at someone motoring through if i was set up on brushy, let alone mean mug them for passing through on the freeway of the metro

5. bp_lee24

im sure yall saw the same thing i saw today, a truck load of decoys with about a 6 foot wide lane thru them.... well, needless to say i was like moses cause i parted the sea of decoys... started to run slam over their flasher splasher doohickie.... then 100 yards up the slough theres another group hunting within 25 yards of their boat at least 5 people with a dog on a stand in brushy, the tree the dog stand was on was on dry ground.... some folks need to stay at cane creek is all i can say

6. GreenTimber

GreenTimber Well-Known Member

:fit: "bout ran over the splasher"

New game- see how many flappers you can boat over from the hole to the truck.

7. what a flasher splasher dohiecky:head: i think it ought to be outlawed whateverit is

8. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

As stupid as some people are and as bad as they piss me off I always stop and say to myself. It's public land. If I have a problem I need to buy my own. It never helps but it keeps me from saying things I shouldn't to folks.

9. i have to hunt public land all i have to hunt but some people need to get common sense and respect to others i have ran into similar problems like you said all we could do is buy our own land

10. green_head_getter

We had guys paddlin through our decoys 5 minutes after shootin hours yesterday. They couldn't find a spot so after paddling aroun for an hour they found a tiny pocket of water behind us. Maybe 10 yards across. We let em throw out all there decoys then we picked up an left. They weren't 60 yards away from us. No ducks were flying and I ain't fighting that crap. If they wanted our hole they had to pick up all there seeks before they could move. That was probably about 5 decoys. Doubt many more would fit i'n there hole.

11. arduckhunter84

arduckhunter84 Well-Known Member

probably some ooers that are scared to get out in the woods.

12. bawildcat71

bawildcat71 Well-Known Member

No Bp24 i run through through them decoys u just rode with me but next time were gonna make up 4 it and were gonna pick there decoys up for them.............. WITH THE PROP!!!!!!!

13. bp_lee24

all these folks getting in an uproar because were complaining about folks hunting in brushy do have a point.... it is public land, they do have a right to hunt in brushy if they want.... BUT... they should fully expect boats to be running thru their spread all morning long.... i wouldnt set up in the ditch and expect folks to not run thru my spread.... i mean who wants to get up before daylight and go into the cold woods just to hunt in the main boat lane?? thats like all these bow hunters... i have absolutly no problem with bow hunters but if someone took their climber or a ground blind and was hunting on the side of the road at long bell would they have a right to be mad about floks driving by them all day.... heck naw.......

14. green_head_getter

I fully agree they have the right to be there but they shouldn't get mad, however u shouldn't get mad for them being there.

15. INYOURHOLE

INYOURHOLE Well-Known Member

Hunting brushy is just fine by me, i enjoy looking at the guys as they watch me drive through their spread as they call me a couple :censored: words. I even saw a couple groups set up on brushy looking straight across at each other. I took a joy ride in Upper and the little bayou was covered up with folks shooting coots and woodys.

16. ffinman

ffinman Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

If "IF" I hunted brushy and someone ran over MY deks on PUBLIC LAND they'd best not stop and put any out of thair own......or be standing on the same side of the tree as my boat....That's the STUPID immitature crap that makes all of us look like douche bags. Grow Up be and respectful!!!

17. bawildcat71

bawildcat71 Well-Known Member

Didnt run em over run through em!!!!!