If you ever.........

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Wonderboy, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Wonderboy

Wonderboy Well-Known Member

Leave flagging or reflective objects in the woods. Do yourself a favor and get a gps, so I don't have to spend as much time cleaning up the woods when I hunt. ;-)

2. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

In my younger days, I took a duct tape trail that a guy had made through some open woods and led him in a big circle. The funny thing was he was coming from one road 300-400 yards away to a spot 75 yards from another road.

3. Gutshooter

Gutshooter Well-Known Member

We used to hunt a spot on Bayou Deview that was pretty hard to find, but lots of people wanted back there. Some idiot marked the trail with the little reflective bread ties so his buddies could find it. Man they were :censored: the morning when I told my buddies to go on without me, and I took the bread ties and moved them back toward the truck. those guys came walkin by us about an hour after daylight, and we were just finishing up our limit as they came by. At least they had two trails marked back to the truck.:biggrin:

4. crackshot82

crackshot82 Moderator<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner<br>2007 Pho Staff Member

I know what ya mean... I've done alot of walking around the sulpher river WMA the last couple weeks and there is flaging tape and tore up trash bags ALL over that place. I don't see how it does anyone any good theres so much of it, I'd get confused if I was tring to follow it.

5. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

I used to do it in the scatters, but I took em' back up on my way out, I only needed em' to find my way back to the truck in the dark. Then they designed the Bushnell backtrack and I aint needed em' since!

6. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I use clothes pins with reflector tape. When I get comfortable with a place I take the up. I too use a GPS.. No flagging here. Just on my tree.:thumb:

7. allfunalltime

allfunalltime Well-Known Member

Not every one who hunts can afford a gps and everything else it takes to hunt! You dont like it hunt some where else. But they should take it up and not trash the woods no matter how broke they are. They could use it again!

8. faithfularcher

faithfularcher Well-Known Member

took down 40 or more bright eyes , lots of flagging and some aluminum reflective tape just this weekend oh yea and some reflective tape ... i had a pocket full! All on a local wma.

9. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I'll go out of my way to walk over and take down trail markers.

a) I want to make it hard for you to get back to my stand
    b) It's littering :censored:
    c) I hate you :mad:
    d) If you can't afford a $90 gps, you should probably be at work instead of
    buying $10 an ounce doe pee with your family's grocery money. :cool:

I'M OUT

10. Rebel

Rebel Well-Known Member

And you have zero woodsmanship skills.

11. droptine150

droptine150 Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner

keo
    Wow.. You guys have some issues.. Buy a compass and a map.. Learn to use it? And oh yea, my phone has a gps now days... I miss when getting lost is when you found the best hunting spots....

12. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I take it all down. My letter for the Hobbs permit hunt instructed hunters to take it down after their hunt, or they could be cited for littering. During my post-season scouting, I usually wear a game vest and squirrel hunt. Sometimes I have enough orange tape to fill a Wal-Mart sack at the end of the day.

The wildest thing about all of the flagging tape I've taken down is that 95% of it follows straight down a logging road. You cant follow an old road without tape? I took some down this year that went down a closed road that literally was an open county-maintained road several years ago. If you cant follow that, I dont know what to tell you.

13. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

:yikes:

14. bayoubuckhunter

bayoubuckhunter Well-Known Member

Seriously??? Man you guys are cruel. I cAn see maybe removing the banner stlye due to litter but take a mans bright eyes down..... Maybe you should save some money and go buy your own bright eyes....

15. droptine150

droptine150 Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner

keo
    Oh yea another thing.. Why spend $15 on doe pee when you can get it free when you kill a doe???

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  16. bayoubuckhunter

bayoubuckhunter Well-Known Member

I think you could be the one thAt was taking my reflectors with metal clips, if it is you tell the whole story..... That loud pop beside you was a easton axis hitting a tree !!!

17. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Little harsh, you got hate in your heart:biggrin:... I agree to certain degree. I make my own re-usable reflector and use my GPS. After season and just walking around I'll take up flagging. Reflective tacks I leave alone. Actually, it helped me out a few times to get back. My batteries went out on me and forgot my extra set. I used flagging or reflective tacks to get me back. Actually, I don't think you can use them any way, cause it is consider litter. Some uses toilet paper. Also, getting turned around and trying to make your way back you do find pretty good areas. I wished those time I had a GPS at that time.

18. Have gun will travel

Have gun will travel Well-Known Member

What's the difference

What's the difference between keeping bright eyes you find in the woods and keeping someone else's treestand that was also found in the woods? They are both stealing if it doesn't belong to you isn't it?

I use clotehspins with reflecive tape and remove them after my hunt. They might stay up for a few days but are taken down when I break camp. If they started missing I'd be upset with a thief.

19. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

Isn't it illegal to litter on wma's,and isn't also illegal to put the bright eyes up any nail tack screw in step etc somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

20. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

This is funny.

Your a theif!

but I'm littering!

:head: