Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner
3,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, I just got a Ruger LC9 for Christmas and trying some differnet stuff out, so far it's liked what I have thrown at it, haven't shot anything 140+ grain range yet, going to try it next.

But if it all shoots and feeds good, trying to decide what is best, thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
I've just got to ask...

How does one determine if your 9mm firearm is rated for +P, +P+, or that crazy Israeli stuff that I can't even type?

I remember reading in my Ruger P89 Manual that it will choot anything commercially loaded for 9MM. I even saw where they intentionally plugged a barrel and lit off a +P+** or something like that, and nothing happened...

But how does everybody else know? That thin little barrel in my KT makes me wonder.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Normally any well made 9mm will handle limited amounts of Plus P ammo, expect accelerated wear and possible parts breakage if firing quantities. Myself, I carry Speer Plus P 124 grain Gold Dots, not because I think they are any better than other top line ammo but because I bought 25 50 round boxes for $12.50 per box shipped a few years back.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just recently bought some Winchester PDX1 124 grain at Wally World. I have function tested them out of my SR9, but haven't shot any out of my Sig 239 yet. I Really like the looks of that big ole hollow point. For the price I gave for this ammo, I won't be shooting a lot of it just for plinking!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.