Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Shot a buck today with a large abscess above his shoulder. As I dug deeper, I found a partially severed spinal bone and an exit on the opposite scapula. Found some yellow plastic pieces between the scapula and rib cage embedded in the fascia, perhaps a mechanical broad head's collar? Can anybody identify if this is correct? And, if so, does this yellow plastic piece correlate to a specific mechanical? Deer seemed to be healing and was pursuing does.
Food Ingredient Jaw Animal product Recipe

Food Ingredient Jaw Animal product Recipe

Plant Plant community Twig Wood Tree

·
Premium Member
21,013 Posts
:unsure:
I wonder if that's how they came to be called, "Rage"?
hmmmm...
I think that Powerbelt round above is the likely suspect (y)
Good call...
I’ve shot them since they came out, one deer just keeled over when he saw it on the end of my arrow......never ever had to touch the release...ergo Rage.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Is the piece you found in the scapula plastic or rubber band? Is the swhacker band rubber or plastic? Color looks close on both but I don’t think I’ve seen any mechanical bands that are yellow and plastic. I’m probably wrong though, already been wrong several times today.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is the piece you found in the scapula plastic or rubber band? Is the swhacker band rubber or plastic? Color looks close on both but I don’t think I’ve seen any mechanical bands that are yellow and plastic. I’m probably wrong though, already been wrong several times today.
The material is more of a plastic (non-elastic) consistency. I'll go by Sunrise Outfitters Friday and look at the Swhacker mechanicals to compare.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts