Arkansas Hunting banner

Identify these two Remington's.

4K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  tony r 
#1 ·
How about a little help identifying these two Remingtons. One is a 22 and the other is a 12 gauge.

#24 ·
Without better pictures & descriptions (markings, barrel length, etc) it's hard to say, but the .22 is likely a Rolling Block Model 2 or Model 4.

Same deal on the hammer side lock SxS, but it is likely a Model 1883, 1885, 1887, or 1889, which are all similar. I had an 1889 once, but traded it off at the DFW guns show in a moment of insanity.

#25 · (Edited)
The 22 is a falling block, or rolling block Remington Model 6 early 1900's I grew up hunting with one of these. Very accurate rifle. I shot everything in it, from shorts, BB caps, long rifle and rat shots. Last I checked you could buy one for between 4 to 9 hundred dollars, but that was several years back. The shot gun is probably around the same age.

Looking at your rifle again it may be even older and a model 4 and worth much more.

http://www.gunsinternational.com/Remington-Model-4-25-10-Rim-Fire-caliber-.cfm?gun_id=100218304

#26 ·
Thanks WG, the guns are my dads that he pulled out to show me yesterday, they were his grandpaws guns.

The shotgun we didnt shoot, we were a little scared because the hammer are a little stiff. The for arm comes off with a little lever and there is a 3 digit number on the for arm and the same number on the barrel not sure if that is the serial number or not, there is also a 5 digit number on the barrel underneath where the for arm goes.

22 we did shot a couple times, it dosent have a model number on it either but does have a serial number, dont know much about older guns but its a single shot, pull the hammer back and the other deal back (not sure what you call it) and close it and its ready to roll.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.