Ideas for New Years

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by OuachitaMtnMan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. OuachitaMtnMan

OuachitaMtnMan Well-Known Member

I'd like to take my wife to Hot Springs for New Years and do something fun and stay the night. Can any of you folks give me some ideas for us to do something nice and romantic.

I'd really like to do something special to let her know how much I love her considering how much I've been gone hunting.

Thanks,

OMM

2. speedygman

speedygman Well-Known Member

Take her to Garvan Woodland Gardens and see the Christmas lights - they are incredible. Cost about $10 per person but it's a really nice place. Get there about an hour before dark so you can walk through the gardens, then walk through it again while the lights are on.

Google - Garvan Woodland Gardens for more info.

3. Rackmaster

Rackmaster Well-Known Member

A cabin with a jaccuzi is always nice.

I know my wife likes going to the spa and getting a massage ... you might not think it is romantic, but she is liable to think you thinking of it is

the best thing to do would be whatever SHE likes to do though

4. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Take her to watch the ponies run opening day:up:

5. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

For the "in the room" end of it, I offer up this advice:

Jacuzzi tub, candles, bubble bath, some of that yummy flavored oil that gets hot when you breathe on it. Fresh strawberries (if possible) and a bottle of champagne.

Dude, I am right down the road, if you need help getting anything set up on this end I will be happy to help.

6. tracytqrc

tracytqrc Well-Known Member

I'm glad I read the intire thing, I did'nt know where that was going for a sec.:fit:

If you're concidering dinner "BELLS ARTI" is a nice place or "THE PORTERHOUSE"

7. ArkBowHuntress

ArkBowHuntress Well-Known Member

I like this idea :) I might have to suggest it to my husband!

I'm sure your wife will be happy no matter what you guys do. Just the thought of you doing something special just for her is sweet.

8. speedygman

speedygman Well-Known Member

It's very nice, but it's also very busy. My mom works there and on the weekends they'll have between 2500 & 3000 people show up to see the lights. You can linger around at your own pace and they have hot cocoa for you. Not to mention the garden itself is incredible. Lots of cool waterfalls, Fay Jones architecture, walking trails, etc....