Arkansas Hunting banner

121 - 140 of 258 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
OK, so all y'all Stud Muffins give an old man some advice. I'm a Contrarian like you guys. But too old and tired to fight back so much. My right cross doesn't carry the Hammer like it used to, so I just shoot folks instead. Thus, I try to avoid fights, too much paperwork involved.

What am I supposed to do Tuesday when I go get surgery on the 2nd eye? They won't let family in the waiting room. I have to 'dispose' of the ink pen I use to sign all the release forms. It's hilarious. I have to wear a mask while waiting on surgery and getting anesthesia. I have to wear the mask DURING surgery (and I'm awake). I don't get a vote, and they don't cotton too much to Rebels telling them to stick their mask where the sun don't shine.

Sure do need that eye fixed!! So, do I take a stand like y'all? Or do I do same as when I go to get a gallon of milk? Just put it on and laugh and move along with life????
You got it ---just laugh----move along----get the eye fixed. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Let me clarify a little so as not to mislead. When going into medical facilities and such places that have a whole other set of rules, I put the mask on right before I step through the door. I take it off at the earliest possible time and have been ask to put it back on by medical staff. Such establishments can be shut down if they alloy their customers to go maskless. I don't have a problem with that. I don't think it helps but whatever. They have rules to follow, and me or you really don't have a choice. Is there another facility across town that doesn't make you wear a mask? Nope. A lot of these types of places I have been going to for a couple of decades.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
One time we trained doing full speed battle drills in complete MOPP gear in Georgia during the summer. What I learned that day was that I would die if I ever had to do it for real!
And putting on a mask and wearing it is a lot easer to wear than that MOPP gear.
So what's the problem it is just while we are out and about as needed to please the people with underling conditions, not so bad hu.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
OK, so all y'all Stud Muffins give an old man some advice. I'm a Contrarian like you guys. But too old and tired to fight back so much. My right cross doesn't carry the Hammer like it used to, so I just shoot folks instead. Thus, I try to avoid fights, too much paperwork involved.

What am I supposed to do Tuesday when I go get surgery on the 2nd eye? They won't let family in the waiting room. I have to 'dispose' of the ink pen I use to sign all the release forms. It's hilarious. I have to wear a mask while waiting on surgery and getting anesthesia. I have to wear the mask DURING surgery (and I'm awake). I don't get a vote, and they don't cotton too much to Rebels telling them to stick their mask where the sun don't shine.

Sure do need that eye fixed!! So, do I take a stand like y'all? Or do I do same as when I go to get a gallon of milk? Just put it on and laugh and move along with life????
You should wear the mask. In a medical setting, especially where they do surgeries, they're doing all they can to reduce the germs in those areas. Since you need the eye fixed, just do as they say. You can choose where you shop depending on their requirements for mask wearing, but I imagine all medical facilities are requiring masks for good reason.

·
Registered
23,677 Posts
You should wear the mask. In a medical setting, especially where they do surgeries, they're doing all they can to reduce the germs in those areas. Since you need the eye fixed, just do as they say. You can choose where you shop depending on their requirements for mask wearing, but I imagine all medical facilities are requiring masks for good reason.
But...........but.......I was told above that I'm a sheep if I wear one in any circumstances.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
But...........but.......I was told above that I'm a sheep if I wear one in any circumstances.
Actually, no. In a medical setting you are in close proximity to a number of people and it has always been normal practice for at least the medical people to wear masks. Now, the requirement is for the patient to wear a mask as well. Weather your mask is preventing them from catching something is highly debatable. Also, I've always avoided doctors offices and hospitals as much as possible because people catch all sorts of stuff there they didn't have when they got there. Hygiene and caution should be paramount in those locations.

When I go to Ace Hardware nobody is poking their fingers in my mouth or looking down on me from less than two feet away. I've always been a "magic box" sort of person. I have never wanted a stranger within 4-5 feet of me in any setting if I could help it. Not to mention at least have the people wearing a mask aren't doing it correctly so it is having zero affect on them or me. Do you tell them to put it on correct or just let it be? After all, it's the same as not wearing one.

·
Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
21,541 Posts
its a business - they have rules and such to follow and if they want people to adhere to wearing masks then I still say a business has that right

if you don't like it - don't go in that store, and there will be no issues

·
Premium Member
4,283 Posts
So what's the problem it is just while we are out and about as needed to please the people with underling conditions, not so bad hu.
It's a simple concept.

I don't live my life to please other people.

People with underlying conditions should worry about themselves, not me.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Buckrub --might be what you were told-- but that does not make it so.-- You are who you know you are. and that's pretty good if you ask me. GOD Bless you and yours.

·
Premium Member
2,520 Posts
Try wearing one with COPD on a humid day....
And if you go without it, as allowed under the guidelines.... you still have to deal with all the mask nazis. They don't care about you, your personal health, or your feelings.
They don't know about your health--and I would like to tell you that they care about you but that is a world we use to live in--- I'm sure some people are still good people and do care. ----You are the bigger man if you just let it roll off your back, I know you can ---and your health will be better by doing that.

121 - 140 of 258 Posts