I want a 4 wheeler

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by RustyL, Apr 24, 2018.

1. RustyL

RustyL Well-Known Member

I want a new one. I’ve been thinking about one of those Korean ATV’s and then reason so is, heck I’m 60, I doubt if I ever tear it up. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Or is there anything out there decent for 5k that will tote a fat boy?

Mountain Oyster likes this.
  2. Allenn

Allenn Well-Known Member

You could probably get the right Honda or Yamaha for that price and they are both good.

RustyL, frogleg and R6mm like this.

3. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

I would go Honda all day long. They are hard to beat.
    For the price compared to a 4-wheeler, if I were you, I would probably consider a Honda Pioneer 700 or 500.
    Personally I think the little 500 side by side would be as handy as a pocket on a shirt.

RustyL and juleo like this.
  4. RustyL

RustyL Well-Known Member

I haven’t checked prices on anything, I thought Honda would be closer to 8k

5. Make sure you can get parts for whatever you buy.

RustyL and QuailRidge like this.
  6. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    I bought a brand new Honda rancher for under $4k almost 2 years ago. Honda of Russellville had a special going on. Two wheel drive,
    electric shift.

IMG_4720.jpg

RustyL, R6mm and HurricaneRabbit like this.
  7. IMG_0875.jpg

Rusted, do yourself and your grandkids, kids a favor a just get one of these. It will haul upwards of 400 lbs of what ever you can strap to it- or just Reb, and the ride is like a Cadillac. Dependability is second none and resale is far away better than any of the others. Next question.

RustyL, juleo and mk1848 like this.
  8. R6mm

R6mm Well-Known Member

N. Texas
    Friend on my lease bought one of those brand new off brand 4-wheelers, don't remember which one. It cost less, & he has now figured out why. All kinds of electrical & other problems. He never got it running, all deer season. Said he's going to buy a Honda, Kawasaki, or Yamaha, before next season. Says he wants one to ride on, not work on.

Triple Threat and RustyL like this.
  9. mk1848

mk1848 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Spend the money for a Honda.

b8hickman, schaps72, R6mm and 3 others like this.
  10. Arkie_3_fan

Arkie_3_fan Well-Known Member

Ain’t no step for a stepper!

RustyL likes this.
  11. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    I bought mine in July if that helps. They were slashing prices to make room for the next year's model. If you can wait and shop around, they will be back down to that price again I bet.

RustyL likes this.
  12. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

I bought a Honda Pioneer 500 SxS back in 2014, I'll never straddle another 4 wheeler. At 63 years old, I've spent way too much time and money get'n this old to die or get crippled, more than I am, on a 4 wheeler. You can also ride with a buddy with get'n intimate and can carry on a conversation while riding. I can load up my 2 grandsons and not worry about losing one of them too. The 500 isn't that much higher than a 4 wheeler.

RustyL likes this.
  13. RustyL

RustyL Well-Known Member

Reb getting too expensive to hunt with, and I wonder if he would at least pay the taxes for me

14. Saltydog

Saltydog Well-Known Member

Ash Flat
    Have Reb buy you one of these....
    You can take him, and his hounds, wherever you go.... :D
    [​IMG]

15. 214Duckhunter

214Duckhunter Well-Known Member

Sam, I've been considering getting a Pioneer 500. Would it fit on a 5x8 trailer? Hate to have to buy a new trailer as well.

16. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

Yes, it'll fit on a 5X8. I've hauled in in the bed of a pick-up. Tough little machines, I've got about 2500 miles on mine and have never touched it except for regular service.

214Duckhunter likes this.
  17. RustyL

RustyL Well-Known Member

I could duct tape that hitch to his butt and dangle a carrot out in front of him

Luv2hunt likes this.
  18. DonniePowell

DonniePowell Well-Known Member

Ozarks
    Get yourself a Honda.

19. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    A Honda is sure hard to beat.

20. RustyL

RustyL Well-Known Member

Y’all going to make me hock my gold teefes