I sure do like Pel

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by zane, Feb 2, 2008.

1. zane

zane Well-Known Member

I will be the first to say that I can't hardly stand to watch basketball, even though I can tolerate NCAA (Hogs only) much more than the NBA. I think this is because all of the ticky-tack or invisible fouls,blocks, pushing off, and it drives me nutts.

Well today I was really enjoying the game, probably because we were smashing Florida. Within 5 minutes in the 2nd half, one of the blind offensive fouls were called on the Hogs and coach Pel got HOTTT. He ripped his jacket off and was headed out on the court when one of his players had to hold him back a little.

This coach has got real fire and it looks like it is starting to spread to the team. After the infamous 1 A.M. practice, this team is very aggresive and pushes the ball up and down the court like it is nothing. It makes me tired just watching them run up and down the court.

I think we have a real gem in our new coach and it looks like we will be serious contenders in the near future!!

Go Hogs

2. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

I hope it takes a while for the SEC teams to figure out the Screan, screan, fake screan dunk that Hill has learned. It's a good play.

3. possum

possum Well-Known Member

john, the thing is it looks to me as if they're running several plays off the set and the defense's response determines which one they actually use. Hope that makes sense cause I :censored: near confused myself. :smack:

4. pointman

pointman Well-Known Member

We best enjoy it while we can cause it sure is gonna be rough when he leaves to coach Kentucky

5. MichaelT.

MichaelT. Guest

I like him too, it's nice to have the fire back on the Hill again. It was a great game and win against FL, but to just have the fire back is the greatest thing of all and I hope it spreads to the Fall Ball too. With BP there , I believe down deep we are seeing the birth of a regeneration of Hog Ball all the way around.

WPS.....

6. wildhog62

wildhog62 Well-Known Member

I read where Coach Pitrino led a hog call during a time out in the first half. Looks like we may have a couple of coaches who want to be Hogs!

WPS

7. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

If not, they're faking it awfully well.

8. MichaelT.

MichaelT. Guest

As long as he isn't jumping up on the ladder leading the band. :smack:

WPS .... Go hogs....:thumb:

[​IMG]

9. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

And what wrong with leading the band?

It pays my bills quite well, thank you.

10. HOTDAWG

HOTDAWG Well-Known Member

its hard to belive that this is the same team from last year. these guys are playing like the teams from the 90s. i think pel should get a raise to 1mil a year. we would not have won 8 games with shine heath by now

11. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Yep, it was a great game! I havent seen the hogs play this well since probably the 2000 SEC tourney. And the bud was rocking again like it use too. Good to see the good ole days return. Hope they can keep it going. Another big game coming up this saturday!

Oh, and they showed BP leading the hog call when they came back froma commercial for those of you that missed it. :thumb:

12. farmerjon

farmerjon Well-Known Member

Bud Walton Arena was rocking Saturday. That place went crazy when BP came out on the floor. I never got to go to a game in the 90's but there were alot of people there Saturday talking about how it reminded them of the 90's. The place was packed and everyone was into the game. Like I heard one lady say as we were leaving "We actually have a coach again".

Farmerjon

13. CP

CP Guest

And that, my friend, was a stroke of genius...Which has likely put us at the top with some of the thirteen recruits who were on "visits".

Already one more 4* has committed since the game.

Wednesday will tell us all we need to know....sign on the bottom line...:applaud:

~WPS~

14. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

OOOOOHHHH, I hadn't thought of the recruiting implications. Bud Walton can be a magical place when the fans are acting like they should. If those recruits weren't moved by what they experienced saturday, I'd be surprised. I'm lovin' it! WPS! :biggrin:

15. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member

East End
    that was a great game by the hogs. it had to impress the football recruits who were there as well. like someone mentioned earlier, i just dont think we would have had the same outcome had heath still been here.

16. MichaelT.

MichaelT. Guest

Sorry brother, nothing personal...... was referring to the former coach who always jumped up on the ladder to lead the band..... don't want another one of those..... don't want anything like Nutty boy back in the house....

But nothing personal ..... as I said before.... just no Nutts...

17. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Just messin' with ya'.

I've really got thick skin.
    Just 'cause I'm a band director it doesn't make me a panzy.:thumb: