Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey Whiskey, I think his time is coming this weekend. I think there is alot of dog power gonna show up. Wish I wasn't working...My guess on the weight is 250, I think the other boar you're getting pics of will go about 300, but his cutters aint as big.

·
Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Whiskey, I think his time is coming this weekend. I think there is alot of dog power gonna show up. Wish I wasn't working...My guess on the weight is 250, I think the other boar you're getting pics of will go about 300, but his cutters aint as big.

He made it through the weekend. We made a good loop this morning, but couldn't get on anything. Way to hot and dry for the dogs I think. Set a trap this afternoon. Maybe I'll get lucky, even though I don't think either of the big boys are dumb enough to get caught up in a trap. We've tried going that route before with these same boars. :smack:

·
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Going after him again in the morning. Walked up on him last Friday morning. Going to check the trap I had set for him and he was tanding in front of my camera 15-20 yards away. I wasn't expecting that and all I had was a .22 pistol that wasn't even loaded. :smack:

Check out his cutters... :eek:

The buck in the background of the other pic is not a very big one. He's the one in the front in this pic...

·
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, the big boar with the smaller tusks was there this morning when I got there. It was still pretty dark and I couldn't see my crosshairs so I had to wait a few minutes and try again. Still very dark, but I didn't want him to leave after all the hours I have spent trying to catch up with them and all the rice bran I have fed. I shot him and rolled him pretty good with my .270
waited til good light and looked for him just over 3 hours. Only found two spots of blood about 150 yards from where I shot. :down: I guess I'll look for the head in the coming months unless he shows back up on one of our cameras. Going after ole big tusks next. :wink: Here's the picture my camera took as he was catching my bullet. :biggrin:

·
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You can see by the time on the picture that this all took place very early. I wish I could have waited about 5 more minutes so I could have seen my crosshairs a little better.

·
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, he's not dead. He showed back up the same night for a midnight snack, and again last night. :eek: Couldn't tell where he was hit in any of th pictures. He was always either turned the wrong way or too far from the camera.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.