Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
"An online petition has garnered more than 800 signatures from around the world demanding prosecution for what activists are calling animal cruelty"

So you want the boy to be prosecuted for shooting a dang hog:smack:

Edit...re-read and I think you want to fight the other petition. If so oughta write it up first, then ask for sigs.

·
Super Moderator
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come on guys. Read the post and the title. :doh:

This is just a form say we are with you (the boy who killed the hog for those of you that can
t figure that out :rolleyes:) and congratulations on killing a true trophy.

(just copy and paste the list and add your name.)

1) Jared Barker (Alexander, AR)
2) Wes Ramsey (Conway, AR)
3) David Bartlett (Barling, AR)

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
An "attaboy" petition, if ya want to accomplish something it needs to say more than that.

BTW....I knew exactly what ya meant but that still don't mean it couldn't be written out a bit better than it is.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
Come on guys. Read the post and the title. :doh:

This is just a form say we are with you (the boy who killed the hog for those of you that can
t figure that out :rolleyes:) and congratulations on killing a true trophy.

(just copy and paste the list and add your name.)

1) Jared Barker (Alexander, AR)

4) J. Stiles
:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
An "attaboy" petition, if ya want to accomplish something it needs to say more than that.

BTW....I knew exactly what ya meant but that still don't mean it couldn't be written out a bit better than it is.
Ok then, a "way to go" petition. Goodness, it's not going to get sent to the guy or anything. I doubt I could find them even if we got 7k signatures. I was just making an observation that our one board alone could blow the 800 signature petition out of the water. :doh: :give::razz:

How is this?

We, the people and the friends of said hunter (Jamison Stone), show support of said hunter on the accomplishment of harvesting said trophy animal (hog) in May of 2007 the year of our Lord. Upon signing, you are agreeing that you are in support of said hunter and that you are in disagreement with whosoever feels said hunter should be prosecuted. :smack:

·
Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>
467 Posts
Ok then, a "way to go" petition. Goodness, it's not going to get sent to the guy or anything. I doubt I could find them even if we got 7k signatures. I was just making an observation that our one board alone could blow the 800 signature petition out of the water. :doh: :give::razz:

How is this?

We, the people and the friends of said hunter (Jamison Stone), show support of said hunter on the accomplishment of harvesting said trophy animal (hog) in May of 2007 the year of our Lord. Upon signing, you are agreeing that you are in support of said hunter and that you are in disagreement with whosoever feels said hunter should be prosecuted. :smack:
You forgot to put "forever and ever AMEN" at the end...:smack:

·
Registered
266 Posts
ok I have read the article and the mosterpig.com true story.

I still dont have enough information to say that congratulations are in order nor is there any reason for death threats. I would like to know if 9 rounds were fired into this pig, if that is true.

A person should be capable of making an ethical kill before patting them on the shoulder. Here again, I dont know that 9 shots were fired into this pig. The true story does not account for the kill itself.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Always support the youth, they are the future our sport. Here and with E-mail. 1) Jared Barker (Alexander, AR)

4) J. Stiles 5) C. Neal (Van Buren,AR)

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,644 Posts
The problem - while the pig was massive, and maybe even as big as claimed - they took some of what we would consider "long-arm" photos that immediately brought doubt to the authenticity of the pig.

The main picture that everyone has seen, the boy is obviously several feet behind the pig. One of the other pictures where he is holding the gun over the pig's neck, the boy looks another 1/3 larger than in the first picture.

If they had just taken "normal" pictures with something reliable to be able to scale the pig - then a lot of questions would have been alleviated.

No - on to the death threats and other horrid treatment they have received from wack-os, that is inexcusable. I guess they saw an easy target in a kid... and took advantage.

Skepticism over the size of the hog - they deserve, the treatment by folks who have threatened them or called them nasty things - not deserved at all.

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
The problem - while the pig was massive, and maybe even as big as claimed - they took some of what we would consider "long-arm" photos that immediately brought doubt to the authenticity of the pig.
You're right Battman, the "long arming" pictures were ridiculous enough to make even Chuck Adams blush.....and he's the all time Long Armin' King. :rolleyes:

However, the death threats and harrassment that the boy and his family has had to endure are totally uncalled for.

.270Win

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
The folks making death threats over the killing of a hog, no matter if it was inhumane or not, are freaking wacko idiots.
I say we just all meet up one day with the folks in support of the hunter on one side and the wackos on the other. If they want to try and back up their threats they'll have to come through us first. Something tells me they'll most likely tuck tail and run and the ones that don't will get a heaping dose of beat down.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I don't care who thinks what about how big the hog was or if the family tried to make it look bigger than it really was. The facts are that it was a MASSIVE, monster pig by any standard and the kill was perfectly legal. I don't see anything here that anyone should be skeptical about :shrug: Congrats are in order regardless.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.