Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Take back strap or 1" thick cubes of meat, marinate in zesty italian, worchestershire, and some pepper, salt, do this for 1-2 hours, take it out and sprinkle on some Tony's or whatever your favorite seasoning is and then wrap in bacon and skewer with a toothpick and grill it until juice is clear.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Hey, does anyone know how to make bacon wrapped deer
Stuff it inside a hog?

I like to slice the backstrap into 3 inch sections and then butterfly it so i looks just like a filet mignon steak. Wrap the bacon around it and secure with toothpick. Get your grill very hot to sear the outside quickly and throw them on there.

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
cut the steaks just as rnt says and put bacon on the steaks, again just as rnt said...now get a bottle of Dale's Steak Seasoning (walmart has it) and pour over steaks. marinade a few hours in fridg (turning over 1/2 way through) then cook on grill about 8 or 9 minutes a side. :thumb:

·
Registered
21 Posts
oven baked

I usually use a shoulder all the meat falls away from the tendons and so forth
with this method. take your shoulder pierce with fork all over( i have a tenderizer with sharp points on it about a 1/2'' long) rub your seasoning in
I use tony's cajun, wrap in bacon all over bacon ends work good more fat the better ,then wrap airtight(very important) in foil. a friend of mine uses oven bags too. cook at 300 for 4-5 hours. you will know its done when you can pull the bones out. you can then seperate everything from the meat
and chop meat and bacon up add bbq sauce put under broiling to cook the sauce in watch closely until sauce thickens then mmmmmmm. Some times
we cook potatoes and carrots with it make a little gravy boy:cool:
who says the shoulder aint got nothin on it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts