Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I ain't the only one here that is on a budget. I am wanting to buy a new bow but can't afford the higher end. Does anyone have any suggestions for a pocket friendly bow. I would go to the pawn shops but have been burnt in the past. I would rather go new this time.

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
I bought a bow online for my cousin, it was a Martin Bengal. brand new '08 model, we got it for $250 shipped. Very nice bow.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Bear has a few bows that won't break the bank, BUT I have been hearing about some of them having issues like cam lean and the cams cutting the cables, so I would be very careful there.

I do know that Martin makes some very reliable bows, and have a lot of great features and are pretty quick comapred to the top of the line bows.

What are you currently shooting, and what kind of price range are you looking at. With a little more info, we should be able to point you in a good direction.

Martin isn't the only bow that is less expensive, so don't limit yourself.... let us know what you are looking for in your bow ( your expectations ) , and the price range and we can cut through the crap for you.

MET

·
Registered
116 Posts
Check on the Mission bows.
They are made by Mathews but w/o all the bells and whistles.
Awesome bows for the money and you get the Mathews quality and warranty.
They are worth looking at.

Bryan

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I shoot a Buckmasters BTR from Walmart now. The bow is very right on when target shooting. It's pretty loud tho. At 70lbs it fires a Carbon Express 29" with 125gr fixed at around 260. Also it's pretty hard to hold back for long, don't feel like 70% let off. I would like to be totally outfitted for under $500. I have been approved by "the Boss" for like $400. Better keep it under that.

·
Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi
9,135 Posts
Flippinhntr your not far from Harrison. You should go by the Legendary Sportsman out on hwy 7 going towards Jasper. They have a large selection of bows for every budget and they also have a large selection of used bows on consignment that are fully set up and ready to go. Might find just what your looking for.

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
Some new $300-400 bows that I would look at are:

Martin, Diamond, PSE, Reflex, Parker, Browning and Bear

Between these brands and a few others there are at least a dozen bows in your price range. Only problem now is shooting them and picking the right one, good luck:wink:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
archerytalk would be an excellent place to start, and if you don't find a bow there for sale but you find a bow you would like to buy you can go to archerytalk and do a search for that bow and find tons of useful information serious bow guys on there :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
9,915 Posts
The 1st bow I ever had was a Reflex because I was in junior high and mom and dad weren't will to spend alot. I got a Bighorn set up with rests and everything else for about $300.

I loved that bow. It was easy to shoot, smooth, and fast.

I shoot a High Country now, but gave the Reflex to my bro-in-law and I don't think he has any complaints either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts