I need a good pair of work boots.

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by flydown, Nov 30, 2012.

1. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Must be steel toe. The company won't allow composite.
    Prefer pull-on
    I walk on gravel alot
    Must provide good support.
    Wide foot, high instep and big calves.

Suggestions please.

2. Redwings are the best I've ever had. Please dont buy any of those goofy lookin square toed hippy boots, Ill be glad when they go out of style.....

3. huskyman

huskyman Well-Known Member

Rocky wellington work boots! You can get them with or without steel toe! Wore a pair every day four the last four years!

4. webbtoes

webbtoes Well-Known Member

Danner Rampant Wellington. Not a 100% if they got steel toe ones but dang they are comfy:up:

5. Passthrough

Passthrough Account Suspended

Justin stampedes...aka...square toed hippy boots. Love mine

6. Twenty2feet

Twenty2feet Well-Known Member

Rockies are the only ones I can get to hold up.

7. buck n duck

buck n duck Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Hunting Contest Winner

I have a pair of Justin Stampedes and really like them. Not the square toed hippy ones tho.

8. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

ariat

Ariat that's what I recommend they are very comfortable and they hold up better than any pair of boots I've ever had. I usually wear the out side of the soles off and Justin and redwing don't hold up as long for me.

9. BowHunter21

BowHunter21 Select Member<br>2015-16 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Sheridan
    X2 Yessir..

Georgia boots are pretty good too.. They hold up real good

10. hillbillycycles

hillbillycycles Well-Known Member

The most comfortable and long lasting steel toe boots I have had were Red Wings. I have worn Rocy, Wolverine, Rock Port, and a host of others.

Right now I am wearing a pair of Magnum lace up boots with the side zip. I can honestly say that, at times, I forget I have them on and will not change out of them when I get home.

11. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

12. Ryan Crow

Ryan Crow Well-Known Member

danner is the only boot i wear! the last better then any boot i have had!no break in time!

13. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

Justin Lace up ropers and Wolverine lace up ropers have been some great boots for me. I know you said pull on, I like the support of lace ups. My company requires black boots, I'd wear Wolverines if they made them in black.

14. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I'm going into my fourth year on the same pair of Georgia pull-ons. Very tough boot.

15. 270sm

270sm Well-Known Member

Any timberland pro fit series. It will be the most comfortable boot you put on from day one. No break in period. And i work in a rock quarry, and they seem to last. Ive had just about every brand under the sun.

16. rimara0411

rimara0411 Well-Known Member

Muck leather boots are real nice. Hold up well and sole lasts forever. Truly waterproof to the top.

17. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

I've had 3 pair's of rocky wellington's, I'm trying carhart's version right now and they sure are nice. I gotem at top shoes off I30 towards benton.

18. lc071

lc071 Well-Known Member

NEA
    Justin 4766. Redwing are good, but weigh a lot more than the Justin. If you want an economy lace up with a zipper, Bates is a good choice.

19. Hillbillydriller

Hillbillydriller Well-Known Member

Wore redwings for years then bought a pair of Timberland pro's...never going back. Love'em

20. grizzly6985

grizzly6985 Well-Known Member

X3

Ariat boots have been the most comfortable boot I have ever wore. I wore redwing before and you couldnt tell me any diff. I decieded to try an Ariat and dont see me ever going back. I would rather ware these boots than a pair of Nike Air Max anyday. Also as stated above they have held up better than anything else i have had. my 2 cents