I missed?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by woodsnwater, Dec 27, 2010.

1. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Got to my blind at 3pm and at 4:16 I had a doe pop out at 50 yards. She was scoping out my blind and went back into the woods. Well, she came back out, went across the sage field along with 5 other does:smack:. Well, I could still here some movement and nothing walked out. At 5:00 I saw a doe come across the sage field and got within 20 yards. Broad side shot and released. She ran back across with her tail high in the air. Did not see any blood and no use looking for arrow. I'll go back hunt in the morning and look some more to make sure. My wife is gonna hate me, but I am gonna have to buy another pack of BHs.. Other than that a good afternoon for a change. It's the thrill of the hunt.:thumb:

2. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Man that sucks, I hope you either find her, or completely missed her. Least you seen some deer though:up:

3. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

x2....hope you either smoked her or missed her clean too. I missed one the other day at 16 yards. It was late in the evening and getting dark. I shot and clean missed. Went back a few days later to hunt the same stand and while I was there I was replaying what went wrong. After standing there looking for a few minutes I saw a pencil sized limb with the skin knocked off of it. I looked at it thru the binos and sure enough I had hit it. I hate those arrow grabbing limbs, but at least I missed her clean. Better luck next time!

4. woodsnwater

I'd rather miss a deer rather than a bad hit. I am down 2 BH, so gonna take .270 out in the morning. My arrow in the sage field. Needle in a haystack. That's one thing about hunting eye level, more apt to loose an arrow.

5. I agree 100%

6. Alpha

Alpha Member On Double Secret Probation

Heck I missed a 150lb pig at 12 yards. But I hope u find her layen 100 yards away or you see her 2 weeks from now with out a strach

7. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

I hate that for you, just get back after it good luck.

8. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

hate to hear that, good luck with finding any kind of sign

9. woodsnwater

You know. I was laying in bed last night thinking. So, I looked over at my bow. It was a 20 or even 25 yard shot. My sight was set on 10 yard mark. I never reset my pin back to 20 after practicing the other day. So, I must shot under. I never heard a Thwack sound just nothing. I will double check this morning to make sure though.:smack:

10. woodsnwater

Ok hunt today..

I got to blind around 2:45 and about 5:00 I had what I thought a huge doe. It was a 1 horned spike. The same one I got on cam. Their were more in the thicket, but wouldn't come out. I think there's 1 or 2 trees that I can use a climber ( hanging stand would be better ). If it don't rain I am gonna relocate my secondary climber. Maybe I can bust a doe or that 6pt.

11. stealthycat

stealthycat Elite Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

read the Rage threads - nobody ever misses, nobody ever gets anything but a perfect hit, that's why you don't have to worry about using a really penetrating broadhead !!

:up:

12. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

Thought I missed one one time too

13. woodsnwater

Well it's start getting expensive. Shot 3 arrows/w/ BH and never recovered them. I did recover one of the deer, bad hit on one and missed on another.