Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went and got in a stand yesterday evening that me and jnjrup put up on my private land a couple months ago , wind was perfect, the stand is on a steep ridge/bluff overlooking a creek valley with 3 major trails , one at the bottom that crosses ten yards in front east to west , then one running an old fencerow north to south , and then one rgt behind it about ten yards running east and west, all of them were worn out with fresh deer tracks. the stand is about halfway down the ridge and the angles are very steep for shot but the farthest trail is 36 yards , well I sat till it started getting dusky and I stand up, about ready to lower bow and get down then I hear leaves coming down hillside ,and huge white horns, 3 sets of them first buck is biggest and he trots down the closest trail and stops fixing to go down in the creek to cross, I draw put the pin on him and Im thinking hes about 30 , hes slightly quartered and looking back over his shoulder at two bucks behind him , I squeeze the release, arrow jus barely goes over top of him lumenok lit up , they all 3 jump the creek and the last buck blows , watched em slowly trot across valley and go into field ..got down and got arrow ,no blood and crossed creek and saw all the water where they blew up the bank ,no hair or blood so I came home , would have been my best bow buck yet ..hes a 20-21inch wide massive tall 8horns are powder white ...Im glad hes still around thought he had been killed, me and dad and jnjrup been after him all year dad has saw him 3 times and no shot ,,I finally get chance and blew it ...ranged it from where arrow was in ground to stand and was 22 yards .. guess the crazy angle and almost dark had my judging messed up .....Ill be after him again next day off !!

· Registered
2,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or maybe him just being your biggest buck is what made the shot alittle off:biggrin:

Its happened to me many times.lol

Good luck next time!!!!!!
ive got bigger bucks on wall from gunhunting ..but yes I had the shakes, buck fever got me !! I killed a 18in wide 8pt about 90 yards from that stand last year on opener bo season,, Id like to get him before he drops horns ..but he will be bigger next year if not

1 - 4 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.