I lost an uncle

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by bett_lou, Jan 3, 2008.

1. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

He was so dear to me and to many other people. My uncle Virdell and aunt Gladys are the core of the family on my Mama's side. Aunt Gladys is my Mama's sister.

I have so many fond memories growing up of going to their home. They always had horses for us to ride. They are two of the best people I've ever known. I don't know if my aunt Gladys will survive long without him. They have buried two children together (the last one in 2001) and I don't think my aunt can stand the thought of being without uncle Virdell.

He was a war hero and received a bronze star in Korea. I knew he'd been to Korea but didn't know about the bronze star until the funeral. The minister told us that right before they played taps.

Please keep my aunt Gladys and her other three children in your prayers. Also my Mama and Daddy. My Daddy said uncle Virdell was his best friend and now he has nobody left.

2. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

bett, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

3. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

God Bless y'all, it just ain't no fun watching yer family and friends pass away..........but we'll all meet again some day......in a heavenly place! Give yer Daddy plenty of hugs, Bett, and keep an eye on your Auntie! Big Hug from john!

4. grizz1

grizz1 Well-Known Member

Bett, as you know I lost my daddy and my last living uncle this past year so I know what you're going thru. The only thing that has comforted me was, as John said, well get to be together again some day.

My prayers are with you and your family...................

5. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

sad to hear it bett, ya'll are in the BG clans prayers. i will put Ryno on it too. he still prays for John Stiles and Mrs. Betty's dad every single night. BG12

6. reflex1

reflex1 Well-Known Member

You got it bl - I know what yer going through - lost my mom, her twin sister and my wife in the last year. Hang in there gal!

7. Gunner'sMate

Gunner'sMate Well-Known Member

Bett Lou, you and your family are in my prayers :pray: :pray: :pray:

8. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

Bett sorry to hear about your loss...:frown: Will be praying for you and your family....

9. theridgehunter

theridgehunter Select Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Praying for you & your family Bett. May God embrace you with His love and compassion in this tough time.

10. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Sorry to for your loss Bett...Prayers sent to you and your family

11. F B

F B Administrator

Cabot
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

12. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

Prayers for your whole family.

13. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

Thanks y'all. Prayers work and I appreciate it.

14. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

Your fond memories honor him.

I had an uncle die the hour I moved back to Arkansas about 2 1/2 years ago. He was mom's brother, who "never grew up", and my dad's buddy. It was hardest on dad I think. You stay close to your folks.

My sincere condolences.

Tommy

15. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

I guess I'm a little late on this one Bett, but your and your family are definately in our prayers!!

16. ralin

ralin Well-Known Member

Sorry Bett for you and your familys loss,"GOD SPEED" to you all.

17. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Same here. It is hard to lose the loved ones

18. Redcloud35

Redcloud35 Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss Bett,
    I know this doesn't help but remember you still have ALOT of loved ones right here.:thumb: