Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He was so dear to me and to many other people. My uncle Virdell and aunt Gladys are the core of the family on my Mama's side. Aunt Gladys is my Mama's sister.

I have so many fond memories growing up of going to their home. They always had horses for us to ride. They are two of the best people I've ever known. I don't know if my aunt Gladys will survive long without him. They have buried two children together (the last one in 2001) and I don't think my aunt can stand the thought of being without uncle Virdell.

He was a war hero and received a bronze star in Korea. I knew he'd been to Korea but didn't know about the bronze star until the funeral. The minister told us that right before they played taps.

Please keep my aunt Gladys and her other three children in your prayers. Also my Mama and Daddy. My Daddy said uncle Virdell was his best friend and now he has nobody left.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,786 Posts
God Bless y'all, it just ain't no fun watching yer family and friends pass away..........but we'll all meet again some day......in a heavenly place! Give yer Daddy plenty of hugs, Bett, and keep an eye on your Auntie! Big Hug from john!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Bett, as you know I lost my daddy and my last living uncle this past year so I know what you're going thru. The only thing that has comforted me was, as John said, well get to be together again some day.

My prayers are with you and your family...................

·
Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07
7,401 Posts
sad to hear it bett, ya'll are in the BG clans prayers. i will put Ryno on it too. he still prays for John Stiles and Mrs. Betty's dad every single night. BG12

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
You got it bl - I know what yer going through - lost my mom, her twin sister and my wife in the last year. Hang in there gal!

·
Select Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner
3,628 Posts
Praying for you & your family Bett. May God embrace you with His love and compassion in this tough time.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Your fond memories honor him.

I had an uncle die the hour I moved back to Arkansas about 2 1/2 years ago. He was mom's brother, who "never grew up", and my dad's buddy. It was hardest on dad I think. You stay close to your folks.

My sincere condolences.

Tommy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts