Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at get5 for the past couple of months and seeing just how many tournaments its won i decided it wasnt one of those fads thats over before it begins and that if i was gonna be competitive i was pretty much gonna have to have one. So between the two rigs 6 packages of swimbaits 5 packages of jig heads braid g loomis rod and the couple of megabass jerkbaits ive got a lil over 400 dollars i treated myself too today. Anybody else using the alabama rig

·
Super Moderator
9,816 Posts
Thompson, it's basically a leader head with 5 wires with heads attached the the one leader. Some people refer to them as "umbrella rigging" and it's not even legal to use in a lot of other states.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shhhhhh.........
Yeah theres still a couple techniques i keep under my hat but unless you've had your head under a rock any serious bass fisher knows about the rig. I haven't used it yet and i dont think its gonna be a fix all magic bait that anyone can take and use and win. But i think itll def help i kind of hope everybody is gonna get hung up on it. I may be wrong but i figure its gonna be like the mojo when it first came out and lose its effectiveness

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the davis school bus. And as far as people seeing it on here and going out and trying one out be prepared once you get your bait rigged your looking at throwing about 40 bucks

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
about the only way i see it being used and affective is on open water schooling bass kind of a one d type lure. it has its place in the bass fishing arsenal. but i think its gonna be more a bust and a waste of money in the long run........MHO

·
Super Moderator
9,816 Posts
I got the davis school bus. And as far as people seeing it on here and going out and trying one out be prepared once you get your bait rigged your looking at throwing about 40 bucks
That's why I'm going fishing with you. I have to try one of yours out first! :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Yum's is called the YumBrella. Mann's has one. They bought out the originator, he didnt get a patent. This is the real deal fellas. I have one that I made that I cant get to post. I would love to show yall if I could send it to somebody. I love throwing it on bluff banks. This is going to win BIG money in the tournament series' this year. Take it to the bank.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.