I have come to a happy medium about AR Duck Hunting.

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Ange, Jun 29, 2020 at 9:07 AM.

1. Ange

Ange Well-Known Member

God willing, I will go and still love it but I don’t plan on making any more major purchases related to it until I a reverse in the downward spiral we are seeing now. I hope I have to eat my words.

rhpierce and Edgar M Hood like this.
  2. arkrem870

arkrem870 Well-Known Member

Conway
    Killing ducks consistently in public green timber is very complex. Burn some gas and learn some new areas. It’ll do you good

orangefeetdown and Edgar M Hood like this.

3. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

It is amazing what many of us in AR have come to accept as the “normal”. I used to kill 200 quail a year back in the early 80’s. I heard a quail last week and got excited. Also back in the 80’s, I heard 16 different gobblers one morning on a wma in western AR. There hasnt been 16 gobblers killed in a year on that 80,000 acres for some time. I did not hear a turkey this year. We used to think every time we went duck hunting, we had a chance to kill a limit - a six duck limit. Now, we wonder if we are going to see a six duck limit. It is alarming how fast and far the wildlife resources in this state have deteriorated - and with no realistic hope for a speedy improvement. But, lets not forget, I still have my coon traps to check today and I might see a hog.;)

4. Ange

Ange Well-Known Member

Yessir it is. A man has to think outside of the box. Good advice. Thanks.

5. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom Well-Known Member

Heard my first quail of the year yesterday sitting on the porch of my shop with my grandson. He's 7 and have never heard a wild quail and until I whistled that one up yesterday had never seen one either. Sad times.

SwampCat likes this.
  6. arkrem870

arkrem870 Well-Known Member

Conway
    Heard some up at Heber springs yesterday evening along little red.