Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was talking to a good friend on Friday and was asking him how his duck season has been going. I already knew he had just got back about a month earlier from his 2nd trip to Iraq. He told me that his shotgun, his girlfriend’s shotgun, and a friend’s shotgun that he had borrowed were all stolen from his apartment. :mad: Dang thieves!!!!!!! He said he had to replace his friend’s gun and now he doesn't have to money to replace his or his girlfriends. I guess he didn't have renters insurance or maybe he didn't have enough, but either way, why can't people get out and work for money like the rest of us rather than steal. :mad:

Both his and his girlfriend’s guns that were stolen were Mossbergs so I sent Mossberg an email asking if there was anything they could do to help for an active military person who has served his country in Iraq twice. I'll let ya'll know if I get a reply.

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if his landlord might've had insurance?:rolleyes:
I think he lives in one of these large Lindsay Management Apartment Complexes (at least he use to) so I bet they wouldn't do anything for him. :smack:

I'm really hoping mossberg will help out in some way, but I'm not holding my breath. :smack:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
ArkArcher,

Check Your PM's I have some info for you that might be of assistance...

But it is confidential info..... I have not been told I could give it out to all.

MET

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Renters insurance is something that people seem to forget about.

When I rented a house from a great gentleman for years I always carried contents insurance with a firearms rider.

It's worth the cost..............especially in these instances...........

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ArkArcher,

Check Your PM's I have some info for you that might be of assistance...

But it is confidential info..... I have not been told I could give it out to all.

MET
Thanks for the PM. I will try that and I will keep it confidential. :up:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes it is an awful, sicking, helpless feeling when you realize something that you worked hard for and paid for gets taken away from you by a low-life criminal with no respect for someones property. I have absolutely NO RESPECT for a thief. I have been a victim of robbery as most people will encounter to some degree at some point in their life. If I ever caught a person stealing something from me I WOULD be charged with battery.
Personally, I respect other peoples belongings. You could leave everything you own out in your yard an I wouldn't take it. I don't even like owing someone a dollar. I'm sure there are many, many more people that think like I do, unfortunately we are probably out numbered.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Thanks for the PM. I will try that and I will keep it confidential. :up:

More than happy to try to be of assistance...

Note: One thing that makes it confidential is the cell #. And I doubt he would want anybody and everybody e-mailing him about everything, and certainly not calling his cell... That is off limits.

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW!!! First off, this is not why I posted this story. I just had to vent that some low-life would do this to someone serving our country for US!

But I have to tell ya, this site, and the people on here are the greatest! I posted this story at 10:30 this morning, and someone on the site was gracious enough to offer to buy this guy a new gun. I got back from lunch and had a PM and looked at it and someone said they would get a gift card for the guy at a local sporting goods store for him to go get a new gun. I can't tell you how much this means to me and I know it will mean the world to the guy I told you about! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!! :applaud: :usa:

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br
11,495 Posts
:mad: Don't even get me started on this subject. I hate a :censored: thief. I think that they should hang those :censored: in the town square for all to see!

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br
11,495 Posts
WOW!!!

I have to tell ya, this site, and the people on here are the greatest! I posted this story at 10:30 this morning, and someone on the site was gracious enough to offer to buy this guy a new gun. I got back from lunch and had a PM and looked at it and someone said they would get a gift card for the guy at a local sporting goods store for him to go get a new gun. I can't tell you how much this means to me and I know it will mean the world to the guy I told you about! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!! :applaud: :usa:

They guy deserves a GREAT BIG THANK YOU! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
WOW!!! First off, this is not why I posted this story. I just had to vent that some low-life would do this to someone serving our country for US!

But I have to tell ya, this site, and the people on here are the greatest! I posted this story at 10:30 this morning, and someone on the site was gracious enough to offer to buy this guy a new gun. I got back from lunch and had a PM and looked at it and someone said they would get a gift card for the guy at a local sporting goods store for him to go get a new gun. I can't tell you how much this means to me and I know it will mean the world to the guy I told you about! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!! :applaud: :usa:

Not really a suprise..... I have found the folks on here to have some of the biggest, best, and kindest hearts in the world. I'm not blowing smoke here either.... I know some may not have the best of intentions, but the overwhelming majority of people here are way above the norm..... Nothing average about them.....

The Lord sees their deeds, and knows their hearts, and he rejoices. It is easy to Love a friend, but so much better to Love a stranger.

Keep us all posted ArkArcher.... and let me know if Mr. e-mail is able to help you.:thumb:

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,594 Posts
Does this veteran live in Pulaski County? If so, it wouldn't surprise me. The number of criminals on the street would terrify anyone who knew the real numbers.

You see - unless you commit a violent crime, you will NOT stay in jail. No room in the county lock-up. They are turning loose criminals as fast as they pick them up. So while folks work hard, pay their bills, and buy stuff, criminals now rule the streets in Pulaski County. As long as the crime they get caught for is not classified as violent - they will be back in business within a couple of hours...

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does this veteran live in Pulaski County? If so, it wouldn't surprise me. The number of criminals on the street would terrify anyone who knew the real numbers.

You see - unless you commit a violent crime, you will NOT stay in jail. No room in the county lock-up. They are turning loose criminals as fast as they pick them up. So while folks work hard, pay their bills, and buy stuff, criminals now rule the streets in Pulaski County. As long as the crime they get caught for is not classified as violent - they will be back in business within a couple of hours...
You hit the nail on the head with that one! :smack: And yep, he does live in Pulaski. :smack:

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For those of you that are interested, here is the email I just got back from the service department at Mossberg. :smack:

Thank you for your e-mail. We can't be able to do anything in perspective . We recommend you advise your friend to contact the Dealer where he purchased it so they can be able to provide the serial number and So you can go ahead and e-mail them to me and I can send you a picture of the models that where stolen so you can report them to the police . See if this will help find the guns of your friend. If you need further assistance contact us at 1-800-363-3555. Thank you.

I'm still waiting on a reply from your contact MichaelT. I'll let you know what he says.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
"We can't be able to do anything in perspective."

What language is Mossberg speaking these days? That may be the worst sentence I've ever read.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
For those of you that are interested, here is the email I just got back from the service department at Mossberg. :smack:

Thank you for your e-mail. We can't be able to do anything in perspective . We recommend you advise your friend to contact the Dealer where he purchased it so they can be able to provide the serial number and So you can go ahead and e-mail them to me and I can send you a picture of the models that where stolen so you can report them to the police . See if this will help find the guns of your friend. If you need further assistance contact us at 1-800-363-3555. Thank you.

I'm still waiting on a reply from your contact MichaelT. I'll let you know what he says.
When they ship the gun to the distributor they don't know who bought it unless a warranty card is filled out.
Without a S/N they don't know the distributor that it was sold to.........without the distributor you don't know the dealer it was shipped to thus the dealer is the one that has the 4473 and the S/N cause the dealer knows who bought the gun.............
the dealer is the one to retreive the S/N..............

·
Super Moderator
9,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I spoke with my friend last night about the offer from the AH.net member and he was speachless. He said he couldn't believe it.

I just wanted to send out another big THANK YOU to the member! You know who you are! :wink: :usa:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts