Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
If I caught somebody shooting my hounds, there would definitely be problems. If I couldnt find the person who did it to beat their a**, then their truck might look like this when they return from the stand.

·
Administrator
87,966 Posts
If I caught somebody shooting my hounds, there would definitely be problems. If I couldnt find the person who did it to beat their a**, then their truck might look like this when they return from the stand.
Just teach them to stay off posted property and there won't be any problems. Cut that tree down on my truck on my private property and there'll be more problems than an ass whipping. :wink:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I hunt in the middle of 1000's of acres of public land, and I can see where you private land guys get mad. I love to still-hunt, logged in 18 days during October this year in a climber. But I also love the tradition and thrill of hunting with dogs. What alot of people dont realize is that they wouldn't see a damn thing if it wasn't for the dogs (especially not the big boys during daylight hrs). Alot of deer that I kill are just slipping through the woods, the dogs aren't actually chasing them. Also, I don't drive 90 mph all day trying to head them off, I climb mtns. and sit in travel routes/funnels. Killing another man's dog is not the answer, it will only cause more problems (not to mention its illegal on public land). Most guys are pretty fond of their hounds, and they won't let the situation be forgotten.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
Most guys are pretty fond of their hounds, and they won't let the situation be forgotten.>> And those who are, don't press the issue! It's the same as going to the firing range and staking your dog out downrange[if he gets shot]....your fault!:skeptical:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.