Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i go a new gun it is a Remington 541-S Custom Sporter with a 4 by 32 scope on it it's a hell of a shootin gun i got it from my grandpa its i nice gun i was wonderin if any of you could tell me close to the year he bought it in 1974 it has scroll engravings on the barell and on the trigger guard and the serrial number is 1220541

·
Premium Member
2,821 Posts
hey i go a new gun it is a Remington 541-S Custom Sporter with a 4 by 32 scope on it it's a hell of a shootin gun i got it from my grandpa its i nice gun i was wonderin if any of you could tell me close to the year he bought it in 1974 it has scroll engravings on the barell and on the trigger guard and the serrial number is 1220541

:thumb: great gun right there

·
Administrator
90,033 Posts

it has a y on the side and i'm pretty sure it wasn't made in 1930 well it damn sure don't look like it
Well, by reason of deduction, if the chart stopped at W in 1972, and was increasing alphabetically, then X would be '73 and Y would be '74. You said he bought it in '74. Did he buy it new?? If so, then I think we have found the year of manufacture. :biggrin:

Unless I am reading something wrong, it appears that you answered your own question.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.