I don't know

Discussion in 'Prayer and Religion' started by clawmute, Jul 5, 2020.

1. IF I could equal what he demonstrated or not. It would have to be God in me eh?

Nelson Mandela:

"After I became president, I asked some members of my close protection to stroll with me in the city, have lunch at one of its restaurants. We sat in one of the downtown restaurants and all of us asked for some sort of food."
    "After a while, the waiter brought us our requests, I noticed that there is someone sitting in front of my table waiting for food"*
    I told then one of the soldiers: go and ask that person to join us with his food and eat with us. The soldier went and asked the man so. The man brought up his food and sat by my side as I asked and began to eat.

His hands were trembling constantly until everyone had finished their food and the man went. The soldier said to me: The man was apparently quite sick. His hands trembled as he ate!"
    "No, not at all," said Mandela.
    "This man was the guard of the prison where I was jailed.

"Often, after the torture I was subjected to, I used to scream then ask hopefully for a little water.

" Instead the very same man used to come every time and urinate on my head instead".

"So I watched him, scared, trembling, expecting me to reciprocate now, at least in the same way, either by torturing him or imprisoning him as I am now the president of the state of South Africa."

"But this is not my character nor part of my ethics"
    "The mentality of retaliation destroys states, while the mentality of tolerance builds nations.*

Forgive them Father, they don't know what they are doing.

The revenge mentality destroys men so that they are not able to facilitate the building of anything, let alone a strong, righteous nation.

Leave revenge to God... HE'S MUCH BETTER AT IT THAN WE.

The family responsible for killing my daughter had no insurance. The man didn't have a driver's license. It had been long revoked for multiple DUI offenses and run ins with the law.

Even though the man was to blame they sued our "estate" a fancy legal term meaning insurance + the change in your pocket.

They won $200k or some such.

God stepped in and their lawyer absconded with all the money. Every cent. He was disbarred and prosecuted. They never got paid for murder. Leave it to God. He's never lost a case.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    jackie53, Polywog, HuntHigh and 3 others like this.
  2. Koyote

Koyote Well-Known Member

I have too much rage sometimes to be Christ like but it's admitting to yourself that the problem exists in order to overcome. We all fall short of what we hope to be but to keep trying is what makes us better. I'd like to say I'd be that way but I won't lie to myself.

3. It's Christ in us... the hope of glory. We know that it's not us.

God put Gideon on like a suit and marched into battle. God is the hand we are the glove.

jackie53, John Stiles and Koyote like this.
  4. mikeljosf

mikeljosf Well-Known Member

lonke
  5. noname

noname Well-Known Member

"clawmute" Glad you are back !! :)

Great read !
    You have again brought out a topic for all of us to ponder within ourselves...
    :clap:

HuntHigh and brushcreek like this.
  6. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Thanks Frank; ill do my best to remember that! I dont think Id have been so patient. But now that I know what I know....Im gonna give it my best shot!

brushcreek likes this.
  7. Frank that is more timely than you could know.
    THank you.
    very sincerely, Tommy

8. I've always had a terrible temper. Sorry. I was ravaged by damaged cousins as a child telling me I wasn't worth a damn, would never amount to anything, get outta here you worthless little $##** an so on. I don't blame them but they scarred me deeply. Even though I'm a professed Christian having seen many miracles I still have to fight horrible self condemnation and thoughts that God is still awaiting my demise to repay me. I know scripture but Satan is REAL and he knows our weaknesses.

The most amazing revelation to me after being baptized in the Holy Spirit and FIRE was that ALL THOSE VOICES, THOUGHTS I'D ALWAYS HEARD WE'RE NOT MINE AT ALL.

CONSIDER THIS.

M1Tommy and jackie53 like this.
  9. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

Amen

10. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

Me to..Blessed more than I deserve..
    Except to be locked up and Throw the key away anytime..

I have dreams of falling to Hell in a sea of maggots and Worms..

The Devils Demons Kicking me all over the place until I wake up in a cold Sweat.....