I don't get it, someone please 'splain it to me.

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by SalineRiver, Jan 7, 2011.

1. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

What, pray tell, is the allure of painting your face to replicate a Viking warrior, Commanche war brave, Japanese kamikaze pilot or anything as such FOR THE PURPOSE OF KILLING A DUCK OR DEER???

I don't freakin' get it. Are the animals so fierce that you should mentally intimidate them pre-firing of the modern weapon?

Perhaps its just a 30-somethings way of saying "I'm the baddest-:censored:, :censored::censored: around these here parts of the forrest. IDK. :head:

2. .375H&H

.375H&H Well-Known Member

I don't do it but I know someone whe does and wears a ghille suit when he stalks deer. He is very good at it and he thinks I'm dumb for hunting in a stand. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

3. SalineRiver

I'm not talking about using camo face paint. I'm talking aobut the guys like Buck Commanders. Do you need to look intimidating to kill a deer? Maybe thats why I haven't got one this year. I'll have my wife order some black stuff off Mary K.

4. Bowman

Bowman Well-Known Member

NEA
    Someone please SPLAIN to me why we bash other hunter for hunting? Does it make you feel like the baddest :censored::censored::censored: around these here internet forums.

5. arc3162

arc3162 Well-Known Member

I paint mine O.D. green and black striped, put on my black ninja pajamas and go walk around wal-mart to impress the ladies, not sure why everyone else does it though.

6. SalineRiver

Not meant to bash. Calm down there big fella. I just don't get it.

Of course if you can't give me a reason then theres the all-defensive, fall back on it, "your a hater" card you can play.

I'm not singling out crossbows, in-line muzzle loaders, Lazzeroni rifles that shoot 100 miles or anything else inn defense of a self-bow. I'm asking WHY someone feels the need to appear to be :censored::censored::censored: while hunting.

THAT is a legitimate question.

7. SalineRiver

:fit::fit::fit:

8. :shrug:Something they've seen on TV and thought it looked cool I suppose..

9. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

That was you!?!?! Hubba hubba!!

10. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Do you wear a facemask or headnet while hunting? I don't like how the facemask blocks my periferial (sp) vision so I use camp face paint. I have been using it since I was a little kid(like my dad) when it had to be bought at an army surplus store. I guess I was just born and raised a :censored: :censored: :censored:. Sorry I don't conform to your standards.

11. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

Zactly! The duck commanders do it so it must be cooool! So then, if I do it maybe I'll be cooool too.:thumb:

12. arc3162

I know, I get all dressed up, I am so blame sexy I have to beat the women back with a pokin stick!

13. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

And huntin' is all about being coooool.....If you don't believe me, just check the waterfowl forum. Those guys have it figured out!!! :up:

14. SalineRiver

Well, without getting an answer to my question I think we know who puts on jagged lightning strike/tribal face paint.......:whistle:

Why do people get so offended at everything so easily? Its a question for crying out loud.

15. chaley

chaley Well-Known Member

careful how you use that pokin stick.....

16. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

I still have bruises...
    I think the Mr is lookin for ya too.

17. JasonS

JasonS Well-Known Member

Apparently you can't read because I answered your question. It was a
    legitimate answer and apparently not the one you wanted. All you are
    looking for is someone to come on here and say that they are gay, cocky or whatever is the reason they wear the facepaint. You also asked why people were getting so riled up over a question,'look at how you worded it, you basically called me a :censored: :censored: :censored: for
    wearing facepaint.

18. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

19. ksf04001

ksf04001 Well-Known Member

He said he wasnt talking about facepaint! He was only talking about the people who paint some huge tribal like symbol all over their face.

20. arc3162

Well tell him to come on over, I will teach him how to put on face paint and look all sexy for the women of walmart as well!