Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my male catahoula on Dec 22 east of Lone Sassfrass (Drew county) he was seen many times by diffrent people close to Joiner camp and back close to Lone Sassfrass camp he was last seen there on Dec 28. His collar was found today unbuckled close to Garvin Goyne deer camp. I have a hard time believeing that it came unbuckled by itself. He is a gray lepord two glass eyes with a white ring around his neck. If anyone has any information let me know. 8705005657

· Registered
2,683 Posts
I hog hunt all over and if i see this dog or someone with him i will definetly let ya know i had to leave the woods for the first time the other day without my best dog he had a sport dog and a garmin collar on him and neither would pick him up luckily he made it back to camp and a guy called me that was the worst feeling ever!!!!!!

· Registered
25 Posts
Hard to believe (deep sarcasm intended) that someone would permanently borrow a dog. I hunt south central AR and a few years ago soem boys found out about a little dog-napping ring ran between Sheridan-Carthage-Rison. Lots of hog hunters in that area too.

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Yall keep your eyes and ears open I smell a rat. I dont believe I will ever find him I think someone probally shot himand took the collar off. Too much does not make since. The collar was found in a different direction then he had been in. Not saying he could not have traveled there but the times he had been spotted since I lost him was never in that direction.

· Registered
2,545 Posts
We had a bunch of dogs disappear from the Leola/Lono area, we got one back in Nashville. He got loose from the thieves that stole him, made it to an honest mans house who called us. I hate thieves in general, dog thieves outta end up in a shallow hole somewhere. Someone took your dog, threw the collar out while on their way home.

· Member-2018 Spring Team Turkey Contest Winner
771 Posts
Mike, DO NOT GIVE UP! And do not listen to the negative BS, all that would be better left unsaid! As you know, we lost one of ours for 11 days and now he is home. We never gave up hope even when a lot of things did not make sense. Post him everywhere. I posted ours on a duck hunting chat forum and another member posted him on squirrelhaters.com. Both hunting seasons are still open. Also eldoark.com is a good resource. I posted him in the local papers of the county and surrounding counties he was lost in and around and am still getting calls. Some ads were free, others weren't. Make a sheriiff's report. My dog was located in the yard of the dispatcher's father for Union Co., so they new his name as soon as they saw him. A heck of a coincidence. Get rid of the negativity. You will find him! Never give up....please. He is probably looking just as hard for you as you are him!

· Registered
1,529 Posts
We lost one for about 3 months one time. He always came back to camp and one day he didn't. He crossed onto another mans land that is known to kill and poison them. We assumed the worst then about 3 months later a road crew about 25 miles away found him laying in a water filled road ditch in January barely alive. They called we got him and carried him home put hot water bottles around him and covered him infront of the fire. about 2 days later he got up and ate. He was never the same and was never hunted again. He became a yard dog until old age got him. Don't give up you may find him yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.