Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i still might go back and get it. it is a mossberg 20 ga bolt action might have been a 185 D . removable mag. might be a 2 shell mag. slide safety on the bolt has the poly choke it was not in bad shape. i'm guessing it about a 1950's gun. i used my uncle's 410 bolt action wen i was 8-10 yr old it brought some good memories. was thinking it might be a good turkey, coyote, tin can destroyer. gun has a non adjustable rear sight on it bead front bead. think guy wanted $70.00 for it. did not sound like a bad price.:cool:

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
I had never seen a bolt action shotgun up until the last year or so. I've had a couple of chances to buy one, but have always passed them up. I would kinda like to have one just because of the uniqueness of them, but I really don't need another shotgun. I guess if I could find one in a gauge that I don't already have and the price was right and I had the money I might go ahead and get one, but until then I'll just keep admiring them.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
$70.00 for a functional shotgun ain't bad at all.

Back in the 60's I think, My great aunt Freida answered a knock on her door. It was a fireman selling chances to win a .410 bolt shotgun, one dollar each. She thought it was a good cause and gave the man a buck.

A couple weeks later he came back and handed aunt Freida the shotgun. It's an old Western Field, presently propped up in the corner closet real handy-like for pest control. It works just fine.

Nothing wrong with a bolt shotgun.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm 62 yr old now so i can remember some old things and cant remember any thing from last week :smack: the marlin was a nice gun i seen today nothing great but good bore . i do not own a shot gun but i would love to bag a turkey. cheap way to go hunting squirrel ,turkey smaller critters. not sure if i can swing the cost this month or not.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
I got a .410 bolt action that belonged to my mom's brother. Have no clue who made it. He whacked a bunch of squirrels with it as a kid and I whacked a few with it. Keep saying every year i am going to get it out and hunt with it, but keep forgetting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.