Hwy 11 Deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by SusieKiller, Dec 20, 2010.

1. SusieKiller

SusieKiller Well-Known Member

This deer is in a pen with a few small bucks between Hazen and Des Arc on the west side of Highway 11. I took these pictures about 11:45 Saturday morning. Anyone know the story on this/these deer?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Wow!! That's an awesome buck.

3. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

I see them every weekend . pets . last year they were fighting everyday for 5 or 6 days in a row .we pulled over and watched em

4. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

Yea, he is not far from me. He raises deer and has for a long time. he had one come up missing years ago name Bucky... I found him on North Road. I knew he had to be a pet , cause I was walking around and it walked up to me and followed me to the truck. The owner drove up and thanked me , then left. My wife's uncle raises deer out south of Carlisle too.

5. SusieKiller

SusieKiller Well-Known Member

I figured it was somethnig like that. When we pulled over, we wern't 50 yards from them and they just looked at us. Pretty cool though.

6. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

You could probably get some scent from him if you wanted it :up:

7. Rogerd

Rogerd Super Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2012

leash him up under you're stand :fit:

8. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

May could. It would be 100% pure urine for sure, but could not see myself follow them around with a cup waiting for it.:fit:

9. Hogbreath

Hogbreath Well-Known Member

Just put the cup in their urinal. :biggrin:

10. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I used to drive by his place all the time, he has some pretty impressive deer.

11. Vetrock

Vetrock Well-Known Member

There was one in a pen near Star City owned by a fellow that helps run a popular fish house in the area. It was a monster, and some idiot shot it in the pen with a bow. I call him an idiot, because he would have got away with it, but he entered the deer in a big buck contest where the deer was immediately recognized.

12. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

What is up with his tail...looks like it has been cropped?

13. Matthew.loftis

Matthew.loftis Well-Known Member

What amazes me

is the smaller buck in there with him that has almost the same sized body as the big boy. By smaller buck, I mean the antlers. Strange what the genes do.

14. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

Hes knarly for sure. Cool pics, thanks for sharing.