Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they will most likely not open up the gates at hurricane due too duck season being in and blame it on the roads being fixed...lol anyways just wondering if they have opened them or not.

1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats crazy that that many ppl went too the georgetown side i wonder if they r bowhunting or squirrelhunting and i dont see in the book where hurricane has a youth hunt.

· Registered
2,031 Posts
Being that im not a duck hunter and hurricane is primarily my bow hunting place, why am i subject to pay the taxes and such and i cant use it when they keep it flooded for duck hunters. This is something that has peed me off for several years. What makes the duck hunters so special? Not the duck hunters fault but its actually unfair to more than just bowhunters.

1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree 100 percent and I know a lot of other ppl it has made mad but I just hunt all of my other public land spots wattensaw black swamp and felsenthal.

· Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013
3,921 Posts
Being that im not a duck hunter and hurricane is primarily my bow hunting place, why am i subject to pay the taxes and such and i cant use it when they keep it flooded for duck hunters. This is something that has peed me off for several years. What makes the duck hunters so special? Not the duck hunters fault but its actually unfair to more than just bowhunters.
$$$

· Registered
9,319 Posts
I don't know how deep the water is but black river stays flooded from Oct. on and the best hunting is ALWAYS in the water and it even stayed up at flood stage for 3 months after the floods in the spring and there seems to be more deer there this year than any year in the last 8-10.

1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah but when u cant get back too your better spots too hunt it sucks the deer get back on those high ridges in the back and i dont have a way too access them but o welwhat can u do its all about the money the agfc doesent give a crap about the deerhunters thats the way its always been i called last year asked when they was gonna open up the gates since the roads wasnt flooded they said they was cloed because of damaged roads had too be repaired.It was magical the day after duck season went out they got don with all the repairs.......lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.