Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Whatever I feel will work out best at the time. I prefer to hunt from a tree, however I will sit in a blind, a ditch or a low spot to get the shot.

Boom

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br
11,495 Posts
Well it depends on what I am hunting. I'm assuming that you are talking about hunting deer. Most of the time (approx. 98%) if I'm deer hunting I'm stitting in a stand.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Both. Depends on how mobile I want to be. If hunting all day I'll usually hunt on the ground with my tree seat and sit for 3 or 4 hours, then move to another spot and do the same, then move again for evening. I use my climber for shorter hunts, when I not moving as much.

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Usually from an elevated platform of some type but I have thought seriously about throwing them a real loop....burrowing into the ground and springing to the attack from there.:biggrin:

·
Registered
11,666 Posts
If I'm going in blind I ususally hunt on the ground. If I've had time to scout I usually carry in a stand. If I'm on private land I usually use a ladder or hang on. When I'm with my dad or daughter I'll ususally set up a tent blind.

·
Registered
11,139 Posts
Hunt on both ground and tree. Sometimes I am more concealed and closer hunting from a brushpile or up against a big tree surround by greenbriars and blackberries. One opening day long ago down in Nevada Co., I hunted all day in a huge, hollow cypress log. It was pretty cool until I shot! Man that hurt my ears!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts