Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a couple of buddies are going to be hunting Illinois this year. But we have never hunted Illinois. I thought that I might be able to get some info from some of you that have hunted Illinois? We are planning some where in the southern part of the state. Any info would be great.....

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Me and a friend talked with Ohio Valley Trophy Hunts in southern Illinois. I think the owners name is Jared, It sounded like a great place, but we wanted to hunt in pike co. so we ended up going with Golden triangle whitetails. Be sure to find out if the outfitter you go with lets the guides hunt the same property you do. We found 3 that do not, the 2 mentioned before and IMB outfitters. I saw a great lookin place on the Outdoor channel called " The Bottoms" you might want to check on it. Good Luck:up:

·
Registered
255 Posts
The "Bottoms" is probably one of the most top rated places in the whole state. I figure you better have your pocket book ready. Don't be scared of Southern Illinois, I think it's just as good as the Golden Triangle "Pike, Brown, Adams county areas". Alot of big deer coming out of Southern Illinois. I been hunting Pike co for 5 or 6 years and still do. But I would not hesitate to go to the southern part of the state.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I built a website for M&M Outfitters in southern Illinois earlier this year. They seem to be a great bunch of guys, you might want to check with them and see if they've got any openings.

http://www.mandmoutfitters.com/

.270Win
I got to spend some time last year in the Pinckneyville area, which is just west of Rend Lake that they were talking about on their web site. Wasn't able to hunt any, but we did ride some of the back roads and look at the deer. I saw one buck that was just flat out colossal, he would have made about two of any buck I had seen before. I noticed several does ran over just on the edge of town, and they were huge too, big ole red deer. Most of the area was crop fields with small strips of woods around the drainages, I bet I could kill me one of those big, bodacious Illinois bucks easy enough if I could get in to hunt around there. Nice country and nice people, lots of big bucks, that's my kind of place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.