Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am blessed to have a place to hunt that holds several mature bucks.

This year I have been humbled, more than once, by these great creatures. I'll get to the other stories later.

My muzzleloading started out on the 13th. of October with me getting on a pretty big 10 point at about 9:30 am.

I usually only still hunt and that was what I was doing that morning. Easing from swamp to thickets and back again. I was shocked when I came up on that 10 pointer. He had all a man could wish for in Arkansas.

There he was, standing broadside at only 40 yards. I could not get a clean shot because of the brush I was in. I was looking through my scope for an opening, when I saw him move his back leg. I fired and clipped a limb.

I'm sure that plenty of you have had that same sick feeling that came over me at that moment.

I decided to hunt him hard. Big mistake!!!

By the end of the week, on the 21st., I pushed him over to another hunter. He got him with his bow. That's just the life of hunting mature bucks!

Congradulations to Brad Taylor!

That's the Petit Jean river in the background. I'll say that he nets about 160.

At least a good friend of mine got him!

More later...

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Pat, wipe them tears and keep on keeping on....:hurt:

That is one fine animal and I think your score is pretty close.

Good job Brad...:thumb:

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
If he could just shoot a bow as good as he use to throw a football, he'd be up there in the "High Cotton"!:wink:
That aint the old qb.

The QB was just a few years older than me, and I aint even close to being as old as that dude in the pic. :smack:

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
:read: :uhoh: :smack:

He played in '83 and would be about three or four years older than you...

:pout
That sucks, I still thought I was a teenager.:smack: Least I still look young and studly unlike that old fart. Being a qb must be rough on a guy in the long run.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
To be honest with you, I would be sick as a dog for missing that one......... Felt that way before but not one that nice.

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This year I have been humbled, more than once, by these great creatures. I'll get to the other stories later.
Don't worry, I have some more good blunders to tell!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Looks like ol' Brad scored another touchdown with that dandy buck! Congrats to Brad.....and my condolences to Pat! :thumb:

.270Win

1 - 18 of 18 Posts