Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,584 Posts
Geeeeeeeze....A man, and two daughters with him...mistaken for a hog?? That doesn't sound much like a mistake to me.....If I'd made a mistake like that...I'd be laying right beside him with a hole in my head! I will pray for them everytime I think of this trajedy!:frown:

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's a terrible tragedy when someone loses their life because of some else's ignorance. The guy who posted #5 (Rock Monkey) is also ignorant. I don't care what sounds the guy was making or what commotion he caused in the bushes it does not excuse the fact that the shooter did not properly identify his target before sqeezing off a round. That would be like saying it's a guys fault he got shot out of his tree stand because he grunted and rattled like a deer. It's instances like this that give hunter's a bad name. Please let's all be responsible enough to handle a weapon properly and hunt ethically so we can not only protect our rights as hunters but to also prevent tragic events like this from taking place. My prayers will go out to all involved and I hope that his daughters will not let this tragedy deter them from being invoved in the outdoors.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Bartman I think you need to go reread post #5 on AT he wasnt sideing with the shooter...He was making the point that no one is ever held accountable for shooting someone...

Thats why he states "im speaking facitiously"

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow... how tragic.

Identify your target indeed. One of the things my dad drilled into our heads. You have to know beyond the shadow of a doubt what you are pointing that gun at because once it has left the gun there is no getting it back and you can never change the damage it does.

It makes my heart hurt for this family.

·
Registered
179 Posts
IT REALLY IS TRAGIC THEY WERE ALL IN THE SAME HUNTING PARTY. THEY ATTENDED THE SAME CHURCH. ALL INVOLVED NEED OUR PRAYERS. THE SHOOTER HAS BEEN HUNTING FOR 20+ YEARS.PLEASE KEEP THEM ALL IN YOUR PRAYERS. MY HEART GOES OUT TO THEM:frown::frown:

·
Registered
9,552 Posts
"wonder if the shooter will be charged with anything? at least he should be charged with negligent homicide"

What good would that do? this man will have to live with this the rest of his life. plus we don't know the full set of facts

·
Registered
675 Posts
What good would that do? this man will have to live with this the rest of his life. plus we don't know the full set of facts
I don't think we need to know the FULL set of facts. Just the fact that a hunter shot a person is enough, and it is unacceptable. Charging him with a crime, would in the very least send a message to all of us hunters: "Identify Your Freakin' Target".

I feel very sorry for both parties involved though. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
That's terrible :frown: That's another reason why I like the 3 point rule, it makes hunters look just a little harder before they pull the trigger. There is absolutely no excuse to ever mistake ones target.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
"wonder if the shooter will be charged with anything? at least he should be charged with negligent homicide"

If that's the case, then why do we charge someone who kills someone else while driving drunk? It wasn't intentional and they'll also have to live with it the rest of their life.

Whatever happened to responsibility for one's own actions?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.