Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the high price of steel has made its way to deer stands. I was in Tractor Supply the other day and noticed they had some Rivers Edge ladder stands. Since I'm in the market for a new ladder stand, I took interest in them. Much to my surprise, the price for a simple ladder stand was $189! If my memory is correct, last year this stand could have been purchased for around $125 or so. This inflation is putting a hurt on this retired OF. On the plus side I managed to find a Loggy Bayou ladder stand left over from last year at a more reasonable price. I really like Loggy Bayou's ladder stands. Too bad they've gone out of business.

·
Registered
5,974 Posts
Well, the high price of steel has made its way to deer stands. I was in Tractor Supply the other day and noticed they had some Rivers Edge ladder stands. Since I'm in the market for a new ladder stand, I took interest in them. Much to my surprise, the price for a simple ladder stand was $189! If my memory is correct, last year this stand could have been purchased for around $125 or so. This inflation is putting a hurt on this retired OF. On the plus side I managed to find a Loggy Bayou ladder stand left over from last year at a more reasonable price. I really like Loggy Bayou's ladder stands. Too bad they've gone out of business.
You might have to get a job at TSC, and use the employee discount! Just kidding of course. Every thing is going up. I have heard some talk of late though, that ethanol may be going bye, bye. We can only hope. I haven't been paying attention to hunting supplies, but I can only imagine that guns are going up in price as well.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can go to their website, get their phone # and give them a call to see if they are still in business I reckon.
All it mentions is the new 2007 line of stands on the site so I don't know if they are still building stands or not.
I went to their web site and left a message asking about their ladder stands. I got no response. I asked about a Loggy Bayou at a local sporting goods store and was told they are out of business. I don't know when it happened though. It must have been sometime in the last year.

·
Registered
267 Posts
With steel prices almost doubling this year I'm sure deer stands will be at least 50% more than last year. What also concerns me will be the costs of planting food plots with seed and fertilizer prices way up, not to mention the cost of diesel for the tractor. Couple that with corn prices almost doubling. Deer hunting is getting real expensive.............but it's our passion and we'll make due.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.