Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was wanting to get another cur but have decided to hold onto my English hound. My question is does anyone hunt hounds and curs together? I am thinking I will just wait and get a cur in a couple years once he is finished. I have hunted both before and they seem to hunt differently. I am thinking that if I got a pup and ran it with the hound they would probably pack up pretty good though?

· Registered
235 Posts
Yep, I ran my Kemmer Stock Cur with Walker coon hounds. They did real well together. I also had a Ladner BMC that I hunted with coon hounds, he did well also. Some curs are silent on track, mine were open on track, except the BMC, and fast on track and tree. Sometimes first to tree ahead of my Walkers.

· Registered
386 Posts
I hunt my kemmer with walkers & black&tan my kemmer is faster on track & tree way ahead of the hounds. The rite cur will out perform a hound & the rite hound will out perform the cur. I like hunting & will hunt my cur with any breed so long as the dog isn't. Mean at the tree. The 2 types cur & hound hunt completely differant & can learn a lot from each other if hunted together

· Registered
386 Posts
If u get a dog from lance u won't be disappointed! He is where I got my start n kemmers! See if he has his buck male dog still if he is still alive I would recomand wattersons buck or his old lug dog recomand females lady or blackie that's if they r still alive blackie is has hard tree dog n curs u will ever see

· Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got his name from one of your other posts on someone looking for combo dogs. I am not sure which dogs they are out of though. I will see when I get there I guess. From talking to him I think all his dogs hunt. Not just breeding papers. I hope so anyways that is why I am gonna buy a pup from him if they are still there. Can't put a deposit on one without driving 3 hours to give it to him. I am just gonna have to see what he has when they are ready. I have one cur now and he handles better and hunts closer than hounds which is what I like. Plus I don't care what a cur trees as long as it is in a tree. Can't run all the "trash" with the hounds. I guess you could but you would hunt alone. Which would be ok I suppose. The only things I really hate them running is deer, coyotes, and armadillos. This redtick ran 2 opossums and it was all I could do to not knock em out. I corrected him and went on. I guess if I don't sell him he may be confused when I start killing opossums!!

· Registered
386 Posts
He hunts all his dogs male or female & he breeds tree dog to tree dog. I have a older dog out of wattersons buck & wattersons lady that will get the job done @ nite never squirrel hunted him but he trees em around my yard. I have a female out of wattersons buck & wattersons blackie she is a slober mouth tree dog if I'm right blackie is about 12 or 13 now but grandpups to these dogs should be top notch dogs he will take u hunting with his dogs day or nite u can't go wrong with a well bred kemmer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.