Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ico Hunting Club is looking for some new members.We have around 4700 acres located about 12 miles north east of Sheridan. Dues are $350.00 per year. I think we have 9 or 10 slots open if any one is interested. Ken

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hey xkmorris, talked with J.Q. Richardson about an opening over the weekend. He is sending me a map so I can take a look at the club and the grounds. Turns out, after trying to find someone to ask about Ico, I ended up with him. He and my dad used to work together selling insurance. So, I wound up finding someone I already knew. Small world! How long have you been at Ico and how would you rate your experience? Also, what regulations above and beyond the AGFC rules are followed the club? Anything else you want to add?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have been there 6 or 7 years and I really like down there. We hold the member ship to 75 but I cant remember when there were that many hunters in the woods all the time I have been there. The most that I can recall is about 35 on opening weekend then it goes down from there. We have a 200 yd limit when you put out a stand so you will need to look around to make sure you are not to close to any one and a limit on stands fo 4.Last year I took a nice 8 point and a 7 point & a doe. Seems I cant post a picture til after 15 posts. Will post picture later. Ken

·
Registered
298 Posts
From what I've been told, I know that there are some hogs in the bottoms. Otherwise, I don't know about the dog running or the exact location. If I get the map from Mr. Richardson in the mail soon, I'll try to throw it up on here for you to ponder.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm just getting into the lease. So, like I said, all I know is what I've heard. Probably going to head over there and take a look as soon as I get the map, though. Also, there's a one-time $20 fee for a gate key.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This is a copy of our by-laws. Ken

ICO HUNTING CLUB, INC.

May 3, 2003

REVISED BY-LAWS OF ICO HUNTING CLUB, INC
A NON-PROFIT CORPORATION

OFFICERS

PRESIDENT:
VICE-PRESIDENT/
BUSINESS MANAGER
SECRETARY/TREASURER
DIRECTORS

ARTICLE 1: Types and Purposes of Organization

This is a non-profit corporation organized for the purposes of fellowshipping together; allowing and having the exclusive right and privilege of propagating, protecting, hunting, killing and taking of legal game and wild fowl only according to the guidelines published yearly by the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, entitled “Hunting Regulations,” available to all hunters; and abiding with the rules, regulations and by-laws of this hunting club.

ARTICLE 2: Officers

This club will have a president, vice-president, secretary/treasurer and four directors. Said officers and/or directors will not be paid for their services.

ARTICLE 3: Members

The number of members in this club shall not exceed seventy-five (75) at any time. Children and grandchildren of members of this club, not of legal age to purchase a hunting license, may hunt with and are the sole responsibility of their parent/grandparent member, as the case may be, and are not required to pay dues in this club. However children and grandchildren of members that are of the age to buy and Arkansas Game and Fish License, so long as they are living at home and going to school, between the ages of 16 years and through the age of 18 years, will be required to pay dues with this club. The rate on one-half (1/2) the annual dues will be required of these 16 through 18 year old members. Upon their reaching the age of 19 years they will pay full dues. Husband and wife will be considered as one (1) member and will pay one fee. Members in good standing for five(5) consecutive years, and of the age of 65 years, will pay one-half (1/2) of the yearly dues of the club.

ARTICLE 4: Guest of Members

Guest hunters will be restricted to one guest per day (three (3) day limit per lifetime) per registered member and will be assessed a daily fee of $25.00. Also, the guest hunter will be required to possess a guest card of the member for the day they hunt as a guest. They are to return the guest card to the member at the end of the day they hunt. It is the responsibility of each member to collect the guest dues and see to it that the secretary/treasurer receives them according to instruction that each member will receive each year. No guest hunters will be allowed during the first muzzleloader season and first week of regular gun season. Ex-club members will not be allowed to hunt as a guest.

ARTICLE 5: Dues and Fees

The annual dues will be determined each year at the annual meeting of ICO Hunting Club, Inc., and each member will be assessed yearly dues for full hunting rights on land leased by this club. In the event the cost of leasing the land increases and expenses in operating this club increases, dues will be increased accordingly.

ARTICLE 6: Annual Meeting and Payment of Dues

The annual meeting of ICO Hunting Club, Inc. will be the first Saturday in May of each year. Each member will be notified advising them of the time and place.
The annual dues must be paid to the secretary/treasurer in person or by mail, in cash or by check made payable to ICO Hunting Club, no later than May 1, please. If for some reason you cannot pay dues by this time, please notify the secretary/treasurer so we can make other arrangements. If dues and/or notification are not received by said date, then his/her membership will be forfeited.

ARTICLE 7: Work Day

All members will be expected to do their share of work in the club, such as building new and/or rebuilding deer stands, making, erecting and maintaining signs and posting same according to regulations set forth by law; helping to keep roads in woods cleared so they may be used when hunting and all other maintenance and work that is necessary and beneficial to this club.
ARTICLE 8: Fires

When making fires in camp area, never leave it unattended or if unattended, always be sure it is properly extinguished prior to leaving the area. It is your responsibility that a forest fire does not break out. Be especially careful in windy and dry weather conditions.

ARTICLE 9: Killing of Illegal Game

Any member or guest of a member suspected of or caught in the act of killing any illegal game, said member or guest will be reported to the proper state and/ or law enforcement officials and will be permanently expelled from this club.

ARTICLE 10: Alcohol and/or Drugs

Alcohol- There will be no drinking of alcoholic beverages during hunting hours by members or guest. If any member is found or drunk during hunting hours then said person will be subject to dismissal from the club!!!

Drugs- The use of illegal drugs by any member and/ guest is strictly prohibited. Violators will be permanently expelled from this club.

ARTICLE 11: Division of Deer Meat

NO MORE RUNNING OF DOGS this article void

ARTICLE 12: Expenses paid by Club

Provided there are funds in the club treasury, ICO Hunting Club, INC will by its secretary/treasurer, pay for the following expenses of the Club:

Whatever expenses are necessary for the efficient operating expenses of this club, in the way of secretarial supplies and equipment, long distance telephone calls, supplies in the way of material and equipment to make, maintain and erect club signs.

ARTICLE 13: Election of Officers

Officers and Directors of this club will hold their respective offices for a period of (4) four years.

ARTICLE 14: New Members

Any person wishing to join this club must be sponsored by a member and make petition as early as possible in each year, and said information must be submitted to the secretary/treasurer who will submit said information to the membership at the next stated and called business meeting, whereupon, provided there is/are any openings each year, said applicant(s) name and information will be voted on and either accepted or rejected as a member of this club. By the majority of fifty-one (51%) of the members attending such meeting. The secretary/treasurer must receive the name address, zip code, telephone number and date of birth of each prospective new member. All members must keep secretary/treasurer informed of their current address and telephone number.

New members will be voted into the club in the following order:

1.Children and Spouses of members.
2.Former members and all other persons turned in by date of meeting.

ARTICLE 15: Collection/ Disbursement of Funds and Membership/Guest Cards

Any officer of ICO Hunting Club, INC is authorized to collect funds for the club. The president, vice president and the secretary/treasurer are the only officers authorized to disburse funds and membership/ guest cards of the club, or as directed by the president.

ARTICLE16: 4-Wheelers and other Vehicles

4-wheelers and all vehicles must be parked from daylight until 9:00 am and from 2:00 pm until dark, except for transporting game. You are encouraged not to drive up and down dead end roads during hunting hours.

ICO stickers and Hamilton Trail tags must be displayed on all vehicles.

ARTICLE 17: Deer Stands

Stands should not be built within 200 yards of existing stands. Make a thorough search of the area before building a new stand. The owner of a stand has first priority to hunt in his stand. Your name and phone number should be visibly placed on each stand.
No deer stand may be placed within 200 yards of a designated club sponsored food plot.

ARTICLE 18: Disposition of Club’s Treasury in the Event the Club Ceases to Exist

If for any reason ICO Hunting Club, INC ceases to exist and there is a surplus in the club’s treasury, said funds will be donated to the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Hunter’s Education Program.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Brookz,
I am in a club around Hampton. Also, we have permission to hunt several thousand acres of private ranches in East Texas. We may head to Texas in 2 weeks. Do you have dogs? We have Black mouths and one leopard gyp. My wife raises American Bulldogs, so a catch dog is easy to come by around here. I will send you a link to check out our site if you would like. She just got a new web address, and it is not an easy one for me to remember.

CAJames

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No camp house, no cook and no cooler, etc.
We all bring our campers in to camp for the hunting season.

Top picture is the 8 point from last year the other is the Euro mounts I did on it & the 7 point from last year.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.