hunting camp

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by howard42, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Hello, i am new here and am looking to join a hunting camp for me and my son who is 7, we live in pearcy , in garland county would like to stay about 50 to 75 miles
    Thanks

2. Whitebread

Whitebread Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about any hunting camps close but welcome to the best place on the web.

3. sfore

sfore Member

I am not sure if this makes a difference, but you have around a million acres of Ouachita National forest within a stones throw of Pearcy.

4. thanks , glad to be here

5. huntng national forrest

any advice for hunting the national forrest , my son and i are going for muzzelloader ?
    thanks

6. totalcomfort

totalcomfort Super Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner

1 get a good gps (you can get way lost in the national forest if you go where the good deer are)
    2 get a good pair of boots and climb and keep going
    3 A topo map of your area is your best friend learn to read it and use it!!!
    4 Don't have to worry about shooting small bucks because you will not want to drag a basket buck over a mile to the truck
    5 see #2 repeat
    Lot of good deer to be had if you will work for them.

7. nturchi

nturchi Well-Known Member

I doubt a 7 year old is concerned with a big racked durr.

8. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

National Forest would be some hard hunting for a 7 year old

9. sfore

sfore Member

Get a good map and go explore in late winter. You can find some good places close to home that will be suitable. You and that boy need to be in the woods every chance y'all get cause he ll be grown and working before you know it .

10. sfore

sfore Member

Or girl if that young en happens to be a female.

11. thanks for the tips , my son and i have been scouting some spots, we will see what happens