Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have problems with staying concealed in flat bottomland timber when all of the leaves have fallen? I've been busted twice in the last two days and have tried getting high and getting low with what vegetation is left but nothing seems to work the deer are almost walking around with there head up looking in every tree

·
Registered
837 Posts
I was trying fill last doe tag few weeks ago in some bottomland got busted both trips even though was 20 ft plus in tree.The doe that busted me on 2nd trip busted me while she was standing behind three lil trees.I was drawing bow back when she caught me and she hesitated long enough on her retreat I got a shot off .I figured it was because it was late season on public ground .I think the only thing that might help was to climb trees that have other trees close to them and avoid trees out by their selves .Besides that late season in areas where they are on edge figure it's going be tough to seal the deal.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can understand public land but this is private land that has not been hunted hard in years..I've hunted for a long time and never had deer act so skittish..my job has recently relocated me to southeast Arkansas and I've never bow hunted bottomland like this before

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have hunted black River bottoms for 25 years and know exactly what you are talking about. Only choices are to sit in a treetop on the ground or go really high, 30-35 feet. And even at those heights you have to remain motionless. Those old does literally walk around looking up in the trees.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.