Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone watch the HS Primetime bucks videos? I really like the videos they put out but noticed two different terrible shots by the same guy. Yesterday I was watching Primetime Bucks 11 and watched as Rick White shot a nice buck while a smaller buck stood close enough on the other side to respond like the pressure of the bullet exiting the big buck had actually hit him in the face. I couldn't believe it considering the way i've seen bullets actually change paths as they pass through a deer. Then this morning while watching Primetime Bucks 12 disc 2, Rick White once again shoots a pretty nice buck while another buck feeds 30-40 yards behind him. It would have been bad enough had he been in a stand but he was in the middle of a field in a ground blind! You'd think that a guy that hunts as much as he does would have the patience to wait for all deer to clear before shooting, I know I do!

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
Anyone watch the HS Primetime bucks videos? I really like the videos they put out but noticed two different terrible shots by the same guy. Yesterday I was watching Primetime Bucks 11 and watched as Rick White shot a nice buck while a smaller buck stood close enough on the other side to respond like the pressure of the bullet exiting the big buck had actually hit him in the face. I couldn't believe it considering the way i've seen bullets actually change paths as they pass through a deer. Then this morning while watching Primetime Bucks 12 disc 2, Rick White once again shoots a pretty nice buck while another buck feeds 30-40 yards behind him. It would have been bad enough had he been in a stand but he was in the middle of a field in a ground blind! You'd think that a guy that hunts as much as he does would have the patience to wait for all deer to clear before shooting, I know I do!
Those are the type of people I try to stay away from because of their tunnel vision. Once the get ready for the shot they no longer see the big picture. That is how some of our hunting accidents happen.:down:

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yall dont know rick very well. He is an super person and he would not have shot if he felt it was not safe. typical armchair quarterbacks.
watch the videos yourself and you'll see you don't know him that well either.:smack: The shots may have been safe as far as not hitting another person but they sure weren't ethical. Watch the shots and you'll see both times another deer was right in the kill area of the bullet, not arrow, but bullet.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I actually saw a horrible bow shot the other day while I was on my lunch break on the outdoor channel. A guy was bow hunting and the arrow was inches away from sticking in his thigh muscle. I didn't stay to see if there was a recovery but it was obvious the shot was in his intestines.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
If you don't like them don't watch them. Send'em an email and tell them why you are not watching them and maybe they will become more ethical in their shot choices for the TV. We all know that not everything goes perfect on the hunt but we are not on TV either. All we can do is practice and prey :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you don't like them don't watch them. Send'em an email and tell them why you are not watching them and maybe they will become more ethical in their shot choices for the TV. We all know that not everything goes perfect on the hunt but we are not on TV either. All we can do is practice and prey :biggrin:
Like I said in my post, I like the videos. One or two mistakes like I mentioned won't make me quit watching the videos. I did email them and hope they'll be more carefull in the future.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.