Hunters and Bigfoot - The Basics.

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Tal_H._Branco, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Tal_H._Branco

Tal_H._Branco Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sorry; should have put the word "bore" in parentheses for clarity of the comment.

2. Tal_H._Branco

It is some of the fairly old but well documented reports like this one that make some skeptics scratch their heads and think for at least a few seconds. (I later talked to one of the LEOs involved. Interesting, but humorous, conversation. Didn't take him long to conclude Booger's were real.)
    http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/flintville.htm

3. wawa

wawa Well-Known Member

Tal, I liked the one from the retired LEO (and maybe a church deacon?) who was deer hunting and saw 2 bigfoots fighting. I'm pretty sure it's one that you investigated, and I thought it was on the Bigfoot Encounters website but I couldn't find it. Maybe it was on the Alabama Bigfoot site.

4. Tal_H._Branco

I also thought Bobbie Short had transferred that report to her web site before she passed away, but it does not appear to be in the group of AR reports she did get from the AL website. The witness was an active LEO, and I don't remember that he was a church deacon.
    I have most all of the AR reports on my computer, and meant to publish them in another book, but haven't had the time to do that. I can't copy and post an entire report on this forum because of the word count limit per post. (Trying to set up a "Wordpress" web site, but having trouble with it, ain't up to snuff on that!)

5. wawa

wawa Well-Known Member

That's OK Tal, I'm not too computer-literate either. You do very well, especially for someone your age! I guess I mixed that report up with another one from someone who WAS a church deacon. I believe you mentioned his reputation in the community and maybe that's what I was remembering. Either way, it's a very close sighting and I don't see how he could have misidentified what he was seeing, so either he's lying or he really saw what he said he saw. I believe the latter.

6. DufferDan

DufferDan Well-Known Member

Was that the one where a big one and smaller one were fighting and rolling down the hill with lots of “sounds”
    The witness was hunting a woods road so to speak ...
    When they rolled to the bottom ...... ending up on the woods road, they separated and looked down the road spotting the hunter
    Then quietly vanished ??

7. Tal_H._Branco

8. wawa

wawa Well-Known Member

So he WAS a retired LEO (at least at the time you did the interview) and I guess the part about him attending church regularly is what I remembered as him being a deacon. He's lucky to have had such a close sighting, especially since it ended peacefully.

9. DufferDan

DufferDan Well-Known Member

Jus saying

Sounds like a Marital dispute to me

10. Tal_H._Branco

Another TN newspaper report that I had not heard about until today. Published in 1871. Good description which matches that of the primate we now call Bigfoot or Sasquatch.
    https://texascryptidhunter.blogspot.com/2018/04/historical-widman-account-from-tennessee.html

Just 20 years earlier a Memphis newspaper carried an account of the same described animals in NE Arkansas.

Unknown Creature Sighted in Arkansas
    St. Francis Green, Greene and Poinsett Counties, Arkansas
    "Wild Man of the Woods"

"During March last, Mr. Hamilton of Greene County, Arkansas, while out hunting with an acquaintance, observed a drove of cattle in a state of apparent alarm, evidently pursued by some dreaded enemy.

Halting for the purpose, they soon discovered as the animals fled by them, that they were followed by an animal bearing the unmistakable likeness of humanity.

He was of gigantic stature, the body being covered with hair and the head with long locks of hair that fairly enveloped his neck and shoulders.

The "wildman," for we must so call him, after looking at them deliberately for a short time, turned and ran away with great speed, leaping from twelve to fourteen feet at a time. His foot prints measured thirteen inches each.

This singular creature has long been known traditionally in St. Francis Green and Poinsett Counties.

Arkansas sportsmen and hunters having described him so long as seventeen years hence.

A planter, indeed, saw him very recently, but withheld his information lest he should not be credited, until the account of Mr. Hamilton and his friend placed the existence of the animal beyond cavil."

© The Memphis Enquirer, May 9th, 1851
    predates the Civil War...occurring in the south not as one might expect in the Pacific Northwest...

(George Haas, Bigfoot Bulletin, article courtesy Warren Thompson Bay Area Group for Bigfoot Encounters)

DufferDan likes this.
  11. TFC1968

TFC1968 Well-Known Member

12. TFC1968

(sigh)

13. TFC1968

Luv ya ex-trumpet, but criminals have been executed and rightfully so, with less evidence.

ladyinwaiting likes this.
  14. Tal_H._Branco

Eye witnesses have put about as many folks in jail or prison as hard evidence.

bumpus likes this.