Hunters and Bigfoot - The Basics.

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Tal_H._Branco, Jan 7, 2010.

1. CatDaddy

CatDaddy Well-Known Member

I k r ???? I almost can't read about the sighting for wondering why they pulled boat out. And THEN after the saw it, they went back too hunting. They were much braver than me, if i had just saw an 8 ft. tall 400 lb. Ape that is not supposed to exist I personally might have had a hard time going back into the swamp :eek: :confused:
    Wawa where are you, i know that big ol' mind of yours has its wheels turning when you read this report.

2. wawa

wawa Well-Known Member

You give me way too much credit, CD :D. To be honest, I didn't read the report all the way through this time. My interest was piqued when I read the location of the sighting, since it was so close to where I got creeped out at the boat ramp next to the bridge. I was thinking it was one that I hadn't read, but when I got to the part about the new boat ramp, that's when I remembered reading it before and I didn't read the rest. It's been several years since I read it on the other website but I'm sure I was more focused on what he said about the sighting and not the logistics of leaving the boat in the water or not.

3. CatDaddy

Say it isn't so Wa !!!
    C'mon somebody, Tal, Duck Hunters, why would they trailer that boat for lunch only to put it back in the water later ? What am i missing or overthinking here :mad:

4. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ravenden
    Left toilet paper in the truck??

Lunch was in the cooler in the back of the truck........

Any number of reasons......

5. wawa

wawa Well-Known Member

Rem, I think he's asking why they would TRAILER the boat just for lunch. If they left something in the truck like you said, that doesn't mean they would have to load the boat. They could've just tied the boat up to the bank while they ate lunch. I was going to say that maybe they were afraid a snake would crawl up in the boat while they were out of it, but this happened in the winter.

CatDaddy likes this.
  6. Remington

Remington Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ravenden
    I'm going with practice then.....just practicing their launching and unlaunching techniques

Biggars and N8HARNER like this.
  7. Tal_H._Branco

Tal_H._Branco Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, I don't think you are overthinking. :rolleyes: It was a new launch ramp built at the end of a road that was "about" 25 feet wide. The width of the ramp itself was even less. Had another boat come in to launch, the duck hunters boat would have likely been been in the way.
    The easy way was to pull the boat out of the way in case another boat came in, rather than walking all the way back to their truck with their guns and gear.

DufferDan and CatDaddy like this.
  8. CatDaddy

Thanks Tal.

9. CatDaddy

Tal do you have anymore TRFPC articles for us ? I much enjoyed reading those.

wawa likes this.
  10. heacret

heacret Well-Known Member

Buy his book there might be reading you have not seen

sparkie and Remington like this.
  11. wawa

wawa Well-Known Member

I have his book and you're right, it's full of reports like these only they're from Alabama sightings that he investigated. Good reading!

12. Tal_H._Branco

The RFP Research Project (RFPRP) - Report of Encounter

This report was submitted by telephone to Tal Branco by Mark Green on 09/14/07. Mark is a Field Investigator for the RFPRP.

Preface: The Investigator (Mark Green) and two friends were on leased hunting land on the night of September 14 where they were listened to their ‘coon dogs running a trail. While there, another club member* and his wife drove up, stopped and asked if they could listen to the race. The men welcomed them, and they sat and listened for about 15 minutes. The visitor then asked about coyote hunting. During the ensuing discussions about coyote hunting on the lease, the man mentioned strange incidents that had occurred on that and adjoining property. Neither the man or his wife were aware that two area researchers had been conducting baiting and surveillance operations on the lease for some time, and they were unaware of the reports of enigmatic primates in the area. His accounts of the “strange incidents” and the Investigators’ subsequent field notes, are detailed below in chronological order. (The club member requested his name not be disclosed.)
    State: Alabama:
    County: Talladega.
    Nearest City or Town: Sylacauga.
    Nearest highway or road: U.S. Highway 280 is about 1.5 miles to the east, and Talladega County Road 036 is about 2 miles to the south.
    General Land Use Description: Timber lands that have been owned by a timber company for about 50 years. Until 1996, hunting was allowed by permit only. Thereafter the hunting rights were leased to a group of area residents.
    General Terrain Description: The area is within the foothills marking the southwest termination of the Appalachian Mountains. It consists of rolling rocky hills and ridges cut by many branches and spring-fed creeks.
    Nearest Lakes or Streams: The Coosa River (impounded to form Lay Lake) is about 6 miles to the west of the area. Cedar Creek runs about 3 miles to the south, and South Kahatchie is about 3 miles to the west. There are several man-made lakes within a few miles of the location of the incidents.
    Witness Profile: The witness is in his early 30's, and employed by a small manufacturing company. He grew up on a small cattle farm in the area, and has hunted and fished in the area since childhood. He is familiar with the known wildlife in the area.
    Date and Details of Initial Incidents: On August 21, 2007 the witness’s Grandfather was inspecting his pasture fences and found a dead deer. The grandfather informed the witness of the deer and its location that morning. That afternoon the witness drove his ATV to the site to look at the deer. He found that the deer’s head had been bent back over its body, and a large section of flesh had been torn from over its rib cage. The witness at first thought the deer had been struck and killed by a vehicle, but was not convinced since the nearest road was about one mile from the site of the carcass.

The witness decided to utilize the carcass for coyote bait and tied the deer’s back legs to the back of his ATV with a rope and drug the carcass about 2 miles to a spot on the lease where he had seen a lot of coyote activity and sign. In a small clearing near the base of a hill he untied the rope from the ATV and attached it to the base of a small pine tree which was about 4 feet in height with a base diameter of about one and one-half inches. He then left the lease.
    After returning home from work the next day (August 22) he rode his ATV to the site and arrived about 5:00pm. Upon close inspection, he found that nothing had fed on the carcass. He was surprised that the carcass was untouched by scavengers, and soon drove back to his home.

On August 23, he drove back to the site on his ATV and arrived again at about 5:00pm. As he approached the site he saw that the deer carcass was missing. After dismounting and carefully checking the area he saw that the rope, and the pine tree to which it had been attached, were both missing as well. He could see where the pine tree had been pulled out of the ground, and the grass and small weeds around the original location of the carcass were laid flat against the ground. He then began walking in widening circles around the area to attempt to find the rope and pine tree or the remains of the deer. He did not find either, and was unable to find any sign indicating the deer and tree had been dragged away from the site. He assumed that coyotes had been responsible for the missing carcass, rope and pine tree, although he could not believe they had done so without leaving drag marks in the grass and weeds. After a while he drove home.

September 3rd was humid with daytime temperatures in the 90's and a storm was blowing into the area from the southwest. About noon the witness drove to the lease on his ATV and parked on a hill overlooking the small valley where he had left the deer carcass on August 21. The witness stated he was sitting on the ATV and about 100 yards from the spot the carcass had been left. He had been looking across the area for about 10 minutes when, as he was looking away, he noticed a movement in his peripheral vision near the site of the missing deer carcass. He quickly turned and looked directly at the area but saw no other movement. He then became aware of a large brown “stump”, but he could not remember having seen the stump before. He continued to stare at the “stump”, but the longer he looked the more convinced he became that “something was not right about it.”

He decided to crank up the ATV to see if the “stump” moved, but he saw no movement at all when the engine started. He decided it must have been a stump after all, so he killed the engine and continued to watch the area. After several more minutes he felt like he should drive down to the site just to see what he had been watching. He started the ATV and proceeded to the spot on a “four-wheeler” trail. About half way down the hill the trail curved and he lost sight of the area. When he got to the spot, he could not find the “stump.” He then drove back to his original vantage point and “got a creepy feeling” when he saw the “stump” was missing from the area below him. He soon left the area and drove home.

Historical Notes: Prior to the above described events I (Tal) and several members of our research group held a three day and night camp out on the above described hunting club property. I arrived first and spent the night alone on the selected site in my small custom-built trailer. As I’ve mentioned before, sometime after midnight a Bigfoot slipped up on the back side of the trailer and slid a four pound piece of quarry rock onto the center of the trailer roof, leaving scrape marks across the galvanized middle portion.

There are many Bigfoot in that part of Alabama. When my actual report of all the events that took place during our outing were published on Mike’s web site – and before I had any connection with the BFRO – Matt Moneymaker and his crew reportedly filmed a show on that property. (I’ve never seen that show, and not sure there was one produced.)

Report received and recorded by:
    Tal H. Branco, Field Researcher/Investigator, The RFP Research Project

CatDaddy and wawa like this.
  13. Tal_H._Branco

The RFP Research Project - Encounter/Incident Report #002AR06(60)
    Date Report Submitted to the RFPRP: March 15, 2006
    Date of Encounter: March 12 and 13, 2006
    Time of Incident: During both nights.
    Weather Conditions: Stormy the first night, cloudy and cool the next day and night.
    State: Arkansas
    County: Saline
    Nearest City or Town: Paron
    Location: In the Ouachita National Forest, beside NFR #114 near the Lake Winona boat ramp entrance.
    Nearest highway or road: NFR #114
    General Land Use Description: Timberlands, no residences or farms.
    General Terrain Description: Mountains
    Nearest Lakes or Streams: Near the Alum Fork of the (eastern) Saline River which flows into Lake Winona.
    Witness Profile: Man and wife, he is 28, she 24.
    Activities of Witness Prior to Encounter/Incident: Camping.
    Details of Encounter / Incident: The couple set up their tent and camping equipment during the morning of the first day. They brought with them their Jack Russell terrier. That night they built a fire and sat by it to talk and listen to the night sounds. About one hour after darkness fell, the dog - which had been asleep in the woman's lap - suddenly awoke and started acting strangely. A few seconds later it became aggressive while staring intently at something in the woods. Then the dog became frightened and started shaking, all the while growling constantly in a very low tone. The dog never took its eyes off one particular spot in the woods adjoining the camp. After about 20 minutes the dog relaxed somewhat, but was still very nervous.

At that time the woman turned to her husband and, with a frown, told him that he stunk horribly. He told her it was not him that she smelled, and asked her what kind of smell she detected. She said that is was a "stinking, rotten smell." During this time strong storms were moving into the area, and they soon retreated to the cover of their tent. After hours of staying awake and keeping the tent from being blown away, the storms passed and they went to sleep. (Heavy thunderstorms & tornadoes passed through the State that night.)

The next night they built a fire about an hour before dark. About one-half hour after dark they heard "a horrifying sound which was a mix between a howl and scream." The woman immediately asked, "What the hell was that?" The man did not respond, although he stated later it was nothing he had ever heard before. About 30 minutes later the woman shivered and told her husband that she felt like someone or something was watching her. At the same time the dog became extremely nervous and began a low continuous growl as it stared intently at the same place in the woods as the night before. Several minutes later they both began to smell a very strong odor similar to that of an outhouse. They decided to go into the tent to get out of sight. They then began to hear the sounds of something walking slowly around one side of the tent. As those sounds intermittently continued, the woman insisted on turning on a portable radio to drown out the sounds, and hopefully cause whatever was making them to leave. After lying awake for hours, they finally went to sleep. They broke camp the next morning and left the area.
    Description of Animal: None seen.
    Photos or Drawings Made: None.
    Description of Related Sounds: The vocalization was described as a very loud mix of a howl and a scream.
    Description of Related Scents / Odors: The first night the smell was said to be like very strong unwashed-body odors. The second night the odor was described as being similar to that from an old and well used outdoor toilet.
    Other Details: While interviewing this couple, the man volunteered the information that at the time of the incident his wife was only a couple of days away from the start of her menstrual period and that she had relieved herself in several different locations in the woods on the side of the tent where the walking sounds had been heard, and where the dog had stared intently.
    Historical Notes: This area has generated numerous reports of enigmatic animals since it was first settled by homesteaders. Many of the recent, first-hand reports have been recorded by the writer. The location adjoins the primary study area for The RFP Research Project in Arkansas. Although many who camp in this area have heard these animals very late at night, seldom do the animals come close enough to the camps early in the night to be detected by their odor, travel or vocalizations

Report received and recorded by:
    Tal H. Branco, Field Researcher/Investigator, The RFP Research Project

CatDaddy, wawa and fairweatherhunter like this.
  14. CatDaddy

Tal., this would be just spittin' distance from your old camp site wouldn't it?

Biggars likes this.
  15. Tal_H._Branco

It is no more than a mile from the area which I have zeroed in on the past ten or so years. My other three "best encounter" campsites are several miles southwest & west of this one. (Glad you posted, been debating about whether or not I should post some info that hunters who hunt/camp in those areas should be aware. Thanks.)

wawa and CatDaddy like this.
  16. Tal_H._Branco

RE: Previously undisclosed events and encounters involving BF which took place in and around the location cited in my post #21613 of September 14, 2020.

The writer is absolutely certain there are at least ten (10) of the individual animals that reside, actively forage and monitor human activity around both sides and past the upper end of Lake Winona along the Alum Fork of the Saline River.

The three males that hunt, forage and prowl on the south side of the lake are generally not aggressive, prone to prank with campers at night, follow hunters, and are deliberately comical at times while vocalizing to get the attention of humans, night or day. They typically approach camp sites at night foraging for food, and if no food is found, may start making loud and off key, silly sounds of owls, day birds or canines.

A small group that typically inhabits an area NW of the lake consist on a dominate male and a smaller male, one or two females and at least two young ones. The big male is very protective of the group, very watchful over them, and DOES NOT ALLOW HUMANS near the group's bedding area at any time or near their spring fed water source during hot and dry periods. The dominate male is not afraid of humans at night, and will approach and forage for food left out or discarded.

The primary reason for this post is to alert hunters, campers and hikers that the group of BF that has inhabited the area due north of the lake have, over the years, become noticeable aggressive for some reason. There have been at least three undocumented reports during the past few year that campers on the sites just west of the lake boat ramp entrance have used gunfire to drive these animals away from their camp at night.

Just a little over a month two adult couples had been listening at night to vocalizations just east of the lake ramp entrance. Then they drove past the boat ramp entrance road several yards and stopped to listen. Shortly they heard one of the animals screaming and bellowing from near one of campsite ahead of them. They then heard a barrage of gun fire from one of the camp. The two couples soon left the area.

I turned 86 a couple of days ago. Just wanted folks to know what's going on up there before it's too late for me. (Ain't quitting yet; going back up there if it rains and turns cool in the next few days.)

17. wawa

wawa Well-Known Member

Happy belated birthday, Tal!

DufferDan, Quack addict and sparkie like this.
  18. Tal_H._Branco

Thanks.

Quack addict and sparkie like this.
  19. sparkie

sparkie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NEA
    Vegans

20. sparkie

sparkie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NEA
    I said I could read about anything----But Really it lost my interest after first few words.
    Should be a book so people could take there time an get all the good out of it.