Arkansas Hunting banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunters and Bigfoot - The Basics.

2M views 22K replies 598 participants last post by  Mr. Chitlin 
Tal - I have an Uncle that is VERY reluctant to tell his story of what he seen on the White river in Independence county. I know this is another second hand account of information,however, I'll para-phrase his account.

My uncle was fishing and camping down the banks of the White river between Oil Trough and Diaz back in the 70's. It was in the evening and he was setting up camp for the night. He was cleaning his catch and noticed on a shoal something or someone he thought, watching him. He continued to get camp established and could here the object getting closer. My uncle said he stopped what he was doing to check on whom was comming, probably another fisherman, so he thought. As he went to the edge of the bank to see, he say's that it wasn't human, stood on 2 leg's, noticed that the creature had ape like characteristics, long arm's, hairy, facial features were of dark skin tone and large forehead, yet was considerably taller. My uncle said there wasn't 20 yards between them. It stood there for a few second's and exited back into the bank. Of course, the usual "razzing" ensued from my mother, whom made him tell me of the story. For some reason, whether it was his reluctance to tell the story or his very limited information makes me think he was on the up and up. Of course, this could be interprited as a hoax, may be. I just don't think that's the case.:shrug:

I think I understand "why" he doesn't speak much of the incident. Most people would consider it fiction.Not to mention, the ridicule.

Ergo...my own reservation's to pass it on. No proof or physical evedience.

One would figure with the advancement's in IR and night-vision, there would be additional evidence to support the theory.

Why do you think they are so allusive and have the ability to stay out of the public eye?

You are a hunter. How many ya seen?
Nada....not sure that is a fair question due to my proximity to the said location's of these creature's.

Of course, I'm not out there with night-vison goggles on at night looking for them. I'll step out on a limb here and say that the reason some people probably don't believe is because of the assumption that technology,with it's great advancement's, should have reinforced the theory. And if there is so-called physical evidence, ( I believe you mentioned 2 men supposedly have bones of the creature )what would be the reason to operate and hide finding's so covertly?

When you go on one of your excursions, what equipment do you actually take with you? You mention the fact that the "Boogers" have an accute sense to IR and a formable ability to out-smart a majority of trail-cam's and video equipment. Yet, there is a 16mm camera segment that has supposedly captured a 'Booger" running away? ( I believe it was in Colorado, in the late 60's, not sure.)

Also, what has possessed you to persue this endeavor??

Rackmaster: That area has been my primary research area for 30 years. Obtaining a good photo would just be icing, not the cake. My real purspose for trying to study these creatures is learn more about them and try to determine the specific areas of the South in which they have been concentrated by man's forestry, farming and other development practices.
At this time, with your information that you have obtained. What would be your hypothesis about these creature's? Mainly in a collective sense, not specific's unless you feel they are needed.

Quack: Honestly man, I'm not at all sure what you mean. Are you asking what I think the creatures are? And why they shy away from people? Please clarify a little. Want to try to responds, but ------?

Yes, that is correct. I'm more interested in your personal data. If we were in a court setting what hard evidence would you present for verification. I'm trying to get away from the "hear-say".

Tal - I do believe there are thing's in this world that we still don't understand. Thing's we can explain, thing's we can't. One would assume that fear would also lend it's self to denial. I personally appreciate people with conviction and passion, not to mention the fortatude to continue through ridicule. It make's one think of the possibility's when it was initially thought the earth wasn't round and man didn't go to the moon.I guess my point being is, there will allway's be skeptic's, which I'm sure you're very well versed in.

I have enjoyed this thread, as well as , many others.

So kuddos to you and your study......QA ( David)

Do they have knowledge of technology? They know that little box on the tree that smells like us does something strange but do they know how to use it? Could they turn it on and set it up t take pics? Could they have developed, built and flew a space ship? That response was one which he was replying to a alien race question.
Enquiring minds want to know!!!:biggrin:

Heard something that made me think this morning...

My son has to go out to wait on the bus about 6:45 in the mornings. I usually go out with my coffee when he goes out to the end of the driveway (about 75 yds).

As I was sipping my coffee, looking out in that direction, I heard a distinct 'knocking' sound. At first I thought it was my son knocking something(s) together, like rocks, but I watched him and it wasn't him doing anything. As I listened it sounded more like wood than rock.

Bottom line - I don't know what it was, but it wasn't too far away, somewhere across the highway. Lost Creek is a mile or so across the woods in that direction. Now, please know that I am not claiming 'I heard BF'. I'm just saying I heard something unusual and out of place. I will ask my son when he gets home if he saw where the sounds were coming from. He may have seen what it was and have a perfectly reasonable explanation.
Wood-pecker???

They are somewhat more than an ape, but they certainly have ape-like habits and traits, and will at times - especially when they are really PO'ed at a human - make the same sounds as other large primates that are enraged. (They have capabilities that set them apart from the other "great apes, but I'll let that slide for a while. LOL)[/B

O.K. , you knew someone was going to ask after this statement.

" And how so?".....

Thanks

QA

O.k. Tal, I'm a little slow, it takes me an hour and a half to watch 60 minutes!

I guess I'm asking this out of ignorance, what do they( BF) have to gain by being kept under wraps? I may be speaking out of turn here but, I want to know if these creature's exist, not to harm them, just to understand them.

You made a response to BF being somewhat simular to the Great ape's, yet not to a degree of being classified as such, would you elaborate on that a little??

Thanks

QA

B]Well think of it this way. If someone is at home and someone else walks in and installs a camera in their house they would know where it is. This is evidently why they know where the cameras are and those of us just easing around don't. [/B]
O.k..... But they have an awful BIG house!

Tal or Mike,
What would be the chances of frequenting an area that was though to hold BF and become common to it. Make certain noises or calls that it could recognize you by and see if it would sooner or later tolerate your presense enough to allow itself to be seen.

Tal,
Went at dark to where you told me just to listen. That place has some deer around it. Didn't hear anything but a truck had already been in and out the road. Lots of road traffic in the area. Seems every road had fresh tracks going in and out. The wife and I will go back this weekend.
What kind of track's??? Did/Can you take a picture and post it?

But that still doesn't answer why you would't want to go on a hunt like Tony and few others on here. I don't understand when you are so adament about the fact that they don't exist. You could go on a hunt and come back here and back up everything you've said, if there is no evidence. None of your posts makes any sense now that you have flat turned down a chance to go and prove yourself. You want Tal and Watch to prove they exist to you. Why don't you prove they don't by going on a hunt with them?
Yeap.....Data...Data...Data...

While looking for a report of a Bigfoot running beside a car (I'm still looking) I found these older reports. I think some of these were news paper articles.

Mar. 1851 Greene County, Arkansas Mr. Hamilton Gigantic "wild man" pursued cattle.

1856 Arkansas-Louisiana border - "Wild man" dragged man from horse and bit and scratched him before riding off on horse.

After 1865 Saline County, Arkansas - 7-ft "wild man" captured.

2 May 1971 Jonesville area, Fouke, Arkansas Bobby Ford, his wife, and brother Douglas Ford 6-ft Bigfoot seen several times during night.

23 May 1971 Nr Fouke, Arkansas Mr. & Mrs. D.C. Woods, Jr., & Mr. & Mrs. R.H. Sedgass 6-7-ft Bigfoot ran across road in front of car; reported by other drivers on Highway 71.

20 July 1972 Springdale, Arkansas Mrs. G.W. Humphrey Woken by pounding on her trailer home, witness encountered Bigfoot that alternately walked upright and crawled on all fours.

Late July 1972 Springdale, Arkansas Bill Hurst Saw Bigfoot in his garden staring at him with "two great big eyes;" when he yelled it ran off.

6 Sept. 1972 Springdale, Arkansas Barbara Robinson Told police that a "prowler" had peered through her window, 7 ft from the ground.

Early July 1972 Springdale, Arkansas Peter Ragland Shot at Bigfoot with .22 pistol.

Early June 1973 Jefferson County, Arkansas Jessie (19), Ricky (17), Sandra (16), Gall (13) Bigfoot looked in at rear window of witnesses' car when they visited rubbish dump, and was seen several times during following hours.

Early June 1973 Nr Pine Bluff, Jefferson County, Arkansas Two boys 12-14 years old Reported seeing a Bigfoot - "great big ol' shaggy looking thing" - in woods.

Late Nov. 1973 Nr Fouke, Arkansas Orville Scoggins, his son & grandson Saw 4-ft Bigfoot with black hair, walking slowly.

Mid Oct. 1974 Nr Holly Springs, Arkansas - Several sightings; one man shot at and hit Bigfoot.

31 Oct. 1974 Nr Fordyce, Arkansas Myzell Thompson Heard dogs barking, saw something outside, and went out to see 7-ft Bigfoot in flashlight. Shot at it; it walked slowly away.

March 1975 Camden, Arkansas - 7-8-ft Bigfoot seen.

26 June 1978 South Crossett, Arkansas Mike Lofton (10) Saw and shot at 7 ?-ft Bigfoot.

I am sure there are many more but this will give you a little history of these creatures.

I also found this one interesting:

1962 Lost Gap, E of Meridian, Mississippi Many Green-eyed Bigfoot seen in woods; search with bloodhounds and helicopter found nothing.

I have heard a few folks say some had green eyes but most seem to be red.

Wouldn't you just love to meet this one:
1948 Nr Mobile, Alabama 5 boys Saw 11-ft Bigfoot in swamp.

Mike (watch1)
That wasn't BF.....it was my MIL!

So Tal, what's the itenerary for 2012? Do you have a gameplan, for lack of a better way to describe it? Or, is most of the research done reactionary from calls or interaction with folks whom have seen BF?

Thanks BC, Well, once again good questions. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but no one has a right to be wrong about the facts.

I think this BigFoot thingy is kinda like being pregnant… ( there’s that word again “kinda”). Either you are pregnant or you are not pregnant. Now some folks can get pregnant, and some folks can’t. My wife is past the chance of getting pregnant, but our daughter is not. Now here is the difference between you and me.. We don’t tell her that she can or can’t get pregnant or is, or is not pregnant; we wait for her to get that way tell us "She don't need any help". Some folks on this thread are telling Tal and Bart that they are not pregnant. Some folks on this thread are listening to them explain their pregnancy and bearing the pain with them, some might be betting on it being a boy or girl, But Some of the other folks (“THEY”) are denying Tal and Bart can get pregnant because THEY can’t get pregnant, so Tal and Bart cannot be something THEY can’t be…..

Kinda old fashioned close-minded isn’t it? Remember the Old men of the Day ???? I was always taught by the Old men of the day to walk a mile in the shoes of some one you disagree with. I am very willing to do that. I admire the conviction and courage of Tal and Bart for standing up to the constant ridicule and harassment on this thread of stating they DID have an encounter. I have no problem with believing them, but as stated before I have not seen BigFoot. BTW, I did not say I KINDA believed them. They HAVE counted the teeth on the JackAss and reported to us. Your choice is to believe them or not. I Do. There needs to be some trust in their conviction, explaining their encounters. Or go count your own teeth.

Dark Ages (historiography), the concept of a period of intellectual darkness that supposedly occurred in Europe following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire.
· the European Middle Ages (5th to 15th centuries AD), especially:

One of my old professors in school was discussing the expansion of human knowledge over the years. He noted that during the Dark Ages the rate of Human acquired knowledge actually took a back step. He asked the class " Do you know what the Dark Ages were ? " Various theories and discussions took place. None satisfied him. He then stated, that the Dark Ages were during a time that Knowledge was obtained by the loudest and most powerful members of a group dominating the findings of the group. This was best described as a group of the so called educated men of the Day sitting inside a room each day, attempting to determine the number of teeth a JackAss had. If any of the men in the room went outside and counted the number of teeth a JackAss had they were hassled, heckled chastised, ridiculed and summarily dismissed from the group.

Then the discussion would continue again. That was the dark ages. Sound familiar? Insert BigFoot world into the place of Dark Ages. We seem to have been in the dark ages of BigFoot for long enough. So let’s cure our Kinda Skepticism and go count the number of teeth the JackAss has ….
OR JUST SHUT UP, until some one else with courage and conviction does and tells the World about it. .

Now about being a Skeptic ………..
A scientific (or empirical) skeptic is one who questions beliefs on the basis of scientific understanding. Most scientists, being scientific skeptics, test the reliability of certain kinds of claims by subjecting them to a systematic investigation using some form of the scientific method.[8]

I have been to two goat ropings and the state fair in Little Rock and Tri-State Fair in Shreveport. But I ain’t seen a BigFoot face to face yet. That is one finding I have not had resolved YET. But I am very willing to proceed to the Finding BigFoot segment in me….. How about you?

My measure of being a skeptic is that my final proof will be determined by me and it would take a fool to make the decision at this time in the history of BigFoot with all of the Information on line about what the NEW findings will be. So why hem myself up into the For’s or Against bunch when most of that will be decided for us, by the newly aroused scientific community. This Dr Ketchum thing seems to be real enough for her to put much of her practice “and income” on hold for 2 years to prove she has, or doesn’t have DNA proof of BigFoot. As a professional, I know that you don’t play with your scientific reputation like that, you don’t EVER get it back if you are wrong.. Remember, she is in the referral business. With out a reputation you don’t get referrals. In other words Some one is going to look like a Dam* Fool very soon. Better you than me.

As I stated the Patterson film has not been disproved in the last 40 or so years so it meets a standard of authenticity. Frankly even with today’s technology the experts say that film would be hard to duplicate with out some one yelling fraud, AND being able to prove it.
Besides, The Erickson project has film the equal of the Patterson …..

Now, for the finale, 100 % in this BigFoot world ain’t possible until the Fat Lady sings. Really I didn’t say Melba Ketchum is fat did I… No not me. But sing she will. Just wait and see. In the meantime go Squatching with Tal and/or Bart.

So I am Kinda a skeptic about BigFoots until I see one, or the DNA proof comes out, or the new motion picture comes out and is challenged as a fraud and proved or disproved. Until that work is done and published the answer is ……………
“ I’m still KINDA a skeptic”. I don’t do DNA projects, Just along for the ride, how about You? Or do you do DNA?

wow.....again

DD - you've got to shorten these replys:biggrin:

I too was educated in the same facet that you were concerning mans ability to learn less as the race progressed. Not real sure my prof. understood the paradigm shift between BC/AD.

People are people,we believe what we can see. Faith is in the same aspect.

While I personally have not seen a "Squatch" my intellect and rationalization is a high probability of doubt, based on my experiences. I would assume that a majority of peoples decisions are based on what they have seen or experienced or haven't, ergo, those whom believe and those whom don't.

Man's own law requires possesion to be 9/10ths of the law. I guess my point to this rambling is, when a majority of proof is limited in capacity, you must expect sceptisism to far out weigh acceptance......JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.