huge NWA BUCK

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Sgtnoblin, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Sgtnoblin

Sgtnoblin Well-Known Member

My hunting buddy(one who I trust with my life) sent this to me today. Said the guy killed it in the field behind his house. He was hunting at white rock wma today and saw it at a gas station. 1/2 mile from his house Said he took the picture with his phone. It's a monster for sure and Andrew said the guy that killed him said he had already killed one even bigger this year. Any way her it is. Have fun telling me my buddy is a lier but like I said I trust him with my life so I say it's true. It does look like a mule deer to me tho. We don't have those here right? Although it could be like the cougars we "don't" have. :fit:

Attached Files:

2. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

It does look like a mulie. Great buck none the less.

3. chuey

chuey Well-Known Member

100% mule deer, but nice buck anyway!!

4. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

5. Sgtnoblin

Nope it's a white tail. Just real old I figure.

6. BTC

BTC Well-Known Member

I hear he got this pic off his trail camera right after he shot that huge Muley.

[​IMG]

7. Sgtnoblin

Just got off the phone with him. It was for sure killed today in NWA. Mule deer or white tail it was killed in Arkansas today. The one that was bigger is a perfect 10 point. Hoping to get pics of it tomorrow. My buddy made friends with the guy and is suppose to meet up with him tomorrow.

8. chuey

chuey Well-Known Member

This WHITETAIL that my cousin shot must be really old too!!! Haha

Attached Files:

9. Dude, that is a mule deer. I live in El Paso, so I'm not sure how green things are in NWA, but the weed that is growing in the concrete is very green. Wouldn't they be brown this time of year?

10. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

An to add to this look at the reflection on the windows and the background is no where close to this parts up here. Just saying! I live up here!

11. Sgtnoblin

Looks nothing like the one I posted.

12. Sgtnoblin

I don't know guys. It's the truth. Don't care if ya believe me or not. My friend isn't lying.

13. giggity

giggity Well-Known Member

Muley's and Whitetail's have crossed before its not out of the question. My uncle in the 80's shot a weird looking buck with his crossbow. It had a big red mane and the antlers swept back like an elk or stag. He killed it in searcy. Game wardens said they have no clue what it was. There was a big bull elk that escaped a high fence in searcy so never know:eek:

14. longspur

longspur Well-Known Member

My boy killed a buck that looked the same way in the face down here in South AR....

15. chuey

chuey Well-Known Member

Looks nothing like the one you posted??? Are you serious

16. Houdini

Houdini Elite Member<br>2010 Turkey Contest Winner<br>

AR
    That's a decent looking mule deer....

As far as being killed in AR.....it would be technically illegal because we don't have a season for mule deer.....But I guess it could be possible for one to be here.....

17. Looks like a muley to me, couldn't see a tag either.....

18. wrecker19

wrecker19 Well-Known Member

Whoever killed it should have the best knowledge of what it could be. I'd be curious to know if he saw how it walked or ran.

I think everyone can agree that the face is not of a whitetail and the horns don't look to be of a muley.

19. Reaper22

Reaper22 Well-Known Member

Congrats to your friend!!

20. newt

newt Well-Known Member

If it was a mule deer then as far as I know, and I could be wrong, he is a brave guy to drive with it on the back of his truck regardless. I did not think it was legal to bring deer across state lines like that with the whole CWD and all. Again, I could be wrong, but that would kind of like driving around in April with a deer and an arrow sticking out of it on the back of a flatbed truck.