Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a crappie at the taxidermist today that was 19 1/2 inches long and had an 18 inch girth. It weighed 5lbs 9oz. A new state record,but the man that caught it did not want to submit it...AWESOME FISH....

·
Registered
298 Posts
Normally, I trust folks. But, when you start talking about records being broken and people not wanting to hold the record, I get a little less trusting. Kinda reminds me of the "new World Record buck" taken in Michigan a few years ago. I don't doubt that there are some fish that big in Arkansas waters. I have seen four-pound-plus crappie caught from east Arkansas reservoirs and some as big as 3.75 pounds from old river lakes. But, the crappie we are talking about here may not be the only thing that smells a little fishy. Like I said, normally, I trust folks. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
If Reggie caught a crappie that big, the only folks that would know about it would be the folks around Reggie's dinner table that night. There are enough other folks out on the water. Can you imagine the number of boats at the ramp once Dufus at the Democrat Gazette writes the article....?

Reggie can see it now. Reggie-2-Guns leaves the house one afternoon after work to go fishing. Halfway to the lake, he realized he didn't hook up his boat, he only brought one fishing rod, and a hula-pooper. He decides to go anyway. He picks up his friend who suggests they try to fish a secluded cove by walking 3/4 of a mile through the woods using their compasses and a sundial Reggie had lying in the back of the truck.

On the first cast a monstrous explosion the equivalent of a Blue Marling strikes the hula-pooper and Reggie is in for the fight of his life......Blah Blah Blah

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All i know is that i have seen alot of crappie, and it was the biggest crappie that i have ever seen... period. It looked like a freak of nature.The taxidermist said that the same man caught one last year that went 4lbs 10oz.He has one heck of a HONEY HOLE what do you think.

·
Super Moderator
9,908 Posts
If I ever even catch a three pound crappie it's getting mounted...

Very rarely anymore do they get that big...at least...rarely are they ever that big on the end of my fishing pole.

That sucker sounds massive though. Can't wait for the pics.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.