Huge bobcat

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by OuachitaMtnMan, Dec 27, 2010.

1. OuachitaMtnMan

OuachitaMtnMan Well-Known Member

Me and my nephew went hunting this afternoon and he killed a monster bobcat. It's the biggest I've ever seen, granted I haven't seen alot of bobcats.
    [​IMG]

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    That is a nice one!! :thumb:

3. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

Congrats!:thumb: Thats a dandy!

4. Dermott

Dermott Well-Known Member

OuachitaMtnMan -

Wow, I am jealous -- great cat! I have a sister in law that lives in the country near Mena and she saw a bobcat in her side yard for about 30 minutes in September. She called me while it was still in her yard and described it and was a little bit concerned about going out to her hot tub until I told her it would be more afraid of her. I may have to get down there and try for a cat! Of course, I would settle for a coyote which may be why I have so much trouble taking a bobcat?

Steve/"Dermott"

5. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

6. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

Man that is a biggun :thumb:

7. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Great looking cat

8. OuachitaMtnMan

Thanks guys. Didn't weigh it. I'd say 25-30 lbs? That's his first big animal kill...he's stoked.

9. ptysonjr

ptysonjr Member<br>2008 Photo Contest Winner

Beautiful cat. One of the biggest I have seen in all my years of trapping and hunting. Great coloring too, very distinctive markings. Congrats!

10. jody4915

jody4915 Member<br>2010 Predator Contest Winner

Great cat! He'd make a nice mount.

11. Really nice cat there

12. Cjdavis618

Cjdavis618 Well-Known Member

Pardon me while I drool on this cat. :eek:

13. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

heck of a cat. I have only seen one while hunting, and he was at 10 ft eye level on the ground. Only shot i had was a head shot with a 50 cal muzzleloader so i didnt shoot, didnt want to tear him up. If i kill one it will be getting mounted.

14. Acd

Acd Member

That is a very nice cat. I've been hunting the ouachita mountains all my life. I've seen a few but nothing like that. Did it come from around there?

15. MtIda

MtIda Well-Known Member

LR
    Ah, but if he had just give him one more year:biggrin::biggrin:

16. Saltydog

Saltydog Well-Known Member

:up: Wow! somewhere there is a hen turkey and a future hatch of poults thanking you!
    Very nice cat! :thumb:

17. OuachitaMtnMan

Thanks guys. My nephew doesn't even know how big this thing is. It's the first bobcat he's ever seen and probably the 2nd or 3rd time he's eve been hunting.

Yes it is a Ouachita Mtn bobcat. He shot it twice with a 243 so one side is pretty tore up and we can't afford a mount (especially with a deer already at the taxidermist) so we are going to have the hide tanned. Does anyone know if you can have these done with the head and paws still on like they do a bear rug? I think that'd be cool.

18. ralin

ralin Well-Known Member

Bobcat...that aint no bobcat,thats a black panther!!:eek:

19. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

I have seen a few done that way, but i dont know where it could be done at