Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
3,605 Posts
I own a hoyt and am looking at a mathews dxt sould I switch or not. :head:

NO!
Here is my Hoyt testimonial....
10 years ago I was two weeks from a big hunt out west when my bow (hoyt) started making a popping sound when I drew it. I took it to a dealer and he couldn't find a thing wrong with it. He told me that he could ship the limbs to hoyt and they could check them out and send them back.(4 weeks)
I did't have 4 weeks, so I called the hoyt factory. The guy in customer service sent me a new set of limbs (next day air) and a new hat. No questions asked, and he let me keep the old limbs.

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
It all depends on what you like. Let the bow decide for you. Of the models that I've handled and shot from both brands, I would go with the Mathews. I just like the feel and smooth drawing nature of the Mathews. The Hoyts that I've handled and shot just seem to be a bit too harsh, especially the draw cycle.
The feel of the grip and the smoothness of it's draw is what led me to purchase my Ross.

·
Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012
801 Posts
Hoyt was my first choice when I went bow shopping untill I picked one up and drew it.The bow was hard to draw and almost jerked me off my feet when I let it up.That was a major turn off to me,I couldnt imagine what that would be like in a treestand.I end up trying and buying a swithchback xt and in my opinion have the best hunting bow I have ever carried in the woods..:up:

·
Administrator
41,125 Posts
Youd just about have to give me a Matthews.

I dont know why but Ive never been a fan of single cams.

Ive had 3 Hoyts and have never had the first problem out of one.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I shoot a Matthews MQ1 (best bow ever made):razz: but you have to decide what you like--the harshness of a HOYT or the smoothness of a Matthews,I have a friend who shot a HOYT for years but, after he shot my bow he went straight out and bought a Q2XL. Just let the bows make the desicion for you.
:up::flag::up:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I shoot a Mathews MQ32, my cousin shoots a Hoyt Trykon. He likes his but likes mine better. I have a lighter, smoother, and more accurate (may be the shooter) set up than he does. I think he would consider a switch if he didn't have to spend the money to do it. I love a mathews but shoot both at a shop then you can really tell what you like the best.

·
Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne
3,277 Posts
Mathews for me I had a limb crack about 10 years and they sent me some the next day by lunch.No cost to me at all.Im on my second one and highly recommend them.But the truth is we are all different and like different things.I would try both and then decide for myself.Either way Im sure you will be fine.Bowtech also makes a fine bow wouldnt rule them out either.

·
3,605 Posts
I would say that if you are a target shooter.......buy a Mathews.

If you are a hunter.......buy a Hoyt.

I have never seen a foam deer jump the string on my buddies who shoot those loud Mathews bows.......:biggrin:

(just kiddin guys)

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I would say that if you are a target shooter.......buy a Mathews.

If you are a hunter.......buy a Hoyt.

I have never seen a foam deer jump the string on my buddies who shoot those loud Mathews bows.......:biggrin:

(just kiddin guys)
Got to agree with you on that. I was in an Archery club in MT, and the president of the club always commented on how quiet my Hoyt was compared to the Mathews in the group.

·
Registered
635 Posts
i shot a hoyt for years, but am a mathews man now. I still like hoyt, but when i bought my newest bow, i tried the switchback xt and the hoyt trykon. they both shot great, but the hoyt just felt heavy to me. about half pound heavier

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.