Hows the weather??

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by live2hunt, Jan 25, 2008.

1. live2hunt

live2hunt Well-Known Member

It is snowing and sleeting pretty good just south of Little Rock. It is already accumulating on 530.

2. sleeting here at work in little rock. sticking to cars and on the grass pretty good

3. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

Been sleeting in Monticello, but now it's raining. Temp 27

4. My daughter phoned from Arkadelphia and Henderson shut down today's classes due to the sleet/rain/road situation.

My son phoned from Fayetteville and it sleeted/snowed for awhile but that has slacked off, still pretty cold therre though.

Here in Hot Springs it sleeted all morning. At home 7 miless east of Lonsdale it is sleeting some with rain.

I do know that some folks were having trouble on some area back roads.

5. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Just went home from work here in LR. Roads are ok but WATCH OUT FOR THE BRIDGES!!!!! Saw 5 wrecks bewteen my work off university and home here in alexander. I30 was a parking lot, or moving at about 5moh when I came through. Slid twice on bridges and that was in 4wd. Be careful if you go out!!:eek:

6. Sylamore

Sylamore Super Moderator Staff Member

Cold here in Mtn. View (33 F) but no moisture to contend with. You guys/gals in the south can have this round of weather, I don't need it.

Stay safe! :thumb:

7. repots of gridlock in little rock. they said we could go home, but I'd rather stay here awhile than sit in traffic for a few hours

8. Just spoke with my daughter at Arkadelphia and she reports that a Henderson student was killed in an accident on the interstate near to Arkadelphia, but no identity given yet.

9. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

I saw that on the news! They didn't say who, but it was a nissan frontier that lost control and went across the median and hit an 18 whlr head on. Didn't look good all!

10. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

Oddly enough, we northern Arkies are missing out on this one. Y'all be careful out there! :eek:

11. Gruntcall

Gruntcall Well-Known Member

It didn't do anything here north of Greenbrier, either.

12. Buba Garrett

Buba Garrett Premium Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner

Think I will stay indoors today- we have about a 1/8 in of ice on the decks but I am skeered:eek: Of all the idiots that drive like a bat out of you know where! I was suppose to head up to Brinkley but waiting until morning!I 40 is a mess on a good day rather alone this crap!:smack:

13. Sylamore

It has been a while since I have seen the temperture drop like it did this afternoon. In less than three hours it dropped 25 degrees.

We had wind gusts that hit 50 MPH or more and the strong winds continued all afternoon. No doubt alot of snags and weak trees, limbs, etc, hit the ground this afternoon. It would have been very dangerous in the deer woods. Sure hope nobody got hurt out there today. :hair:

14. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

THV calling for a little winter mess for those that is in central and north this morning that will be moving into the state tonight. Be careful all.

15. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Sunshine in Tulip this morning....33.8 and rising fast...no precip. no clouds in sight!:thumb:

16. elwaller

elwaller Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015

Sleeting and starting to snow in Heber now.

17. .270Win

.270Win Well-Known Member

Thunder, lightning and rain mixed with sleet here in White Hall.

.270Win

18. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member Staff Member

its rainin here in prattsville and sleeted all last nite

19. Sylamore

Almost a white-out this morning and probably two inches of snow on the ground now and still snowing hard. :thumb:

20. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Quaaaaack quaaack quaack........:rain: :rain: and more:rain: .....34.5*:razz:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2008